Bucket seats installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Well then that answers my question. I don't have the original bench, sadly. So I think I'm going to get these. Seat heaters and lumbar support would be nice. Especially with this bad back. Ha.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I know what I'm getting in a few years! My bench is toast. Driver side sits so low, I feel like an old grandpa who can barely see over the dash.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Might just be a personal preference but for lengthy trips, not having a headrest is NOT comfortable ar all. I like the look of low rise buckets but for me it function over look-and my back thanks me for it lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
I have never been able to use a head rest while driving, ever. I'm too worried about being too comfortable and possibly passing out on long trips. Only 1 of my trucks has a head rest built into the bucket seat, but the other come to think of it is just a bench without the headrests. I find the one without the headrests to be more comfy for the rest of me.

We're all different I suppose, we like what we like

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
The risk of whiplash or your head smacking the back glass bothers me. I prefer them, but don't use them except when I stretch out for a few seconds during a long stent on the road. I use the radio and the A/C to keep me awake lol.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
The accident scenario is the only reason I'd have them...

If I ever upgrade my bench seat, I'd like low head rests... just high enough to keep my head from banging the rear window, but low enough not to bother me peripherally. I'm always looking around, using mirrors, & moving about... too many crazy drivers & hike riders not paying attention & pulling crazy stunts

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The accident scenario is the only reason I'd have them...

If I ever upgrade my bench seat, I'd like low head rests... just high enough to keep my head from banging the rear window, but low enough not to bother me peripherally. I'm always looking around, using mirrors, & moving about... too many crazy drivers & hike riders not paying attention & pulling crazy stunts
Ummmm that's Philly for ya. Lol I usually used my 81 Sedan Deville or my 318 for my city car whether Philly, Manhattan or any where in Jersey. Wasn't worried about fender rubbing in them cars.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Ummmm that's Philly for ya. Lol I usually used my 81 Sedan Deville or my 318 for my city car whether Philly, Manhattan or any where in Jersey. Wasn't worried about fender rubbing in them cars.

Nice tanks! Sure don't make 'em like that anymore! The Deville, such a comfy ride too. Had a 85 Regal, 87 Monte, and 9? Olds 98... such great rides!! Miss them. Would love a 50s or 60s ride. Or model T or A (no booING or hissing lol)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice tanks! Sure don't make 'em like that anymore! The Deville, such a comfy ride too. Had a 85 Regal, 87 Monte, and 9? Olds 98... such great rides!! Miss them. Would love a 50s or 60s ride. Or model T or A (no booING or hissing lol)
I miss my Caddy for sure the BMW not so much. I do miss my 64 Impalas tho. My uncle offered me a model A pickup about 20years ago but I had no place to keep it so I had to pass. It was apart but it was all there. He has 2 all original sedans still running.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
I miss my Caddy for sure the BMW not so much. I do miss my 64 Impalas tho. My uncle offered me a model A pickup about 20years ago but I had no place to keep it so I had to pass. It was apart but it was all there. He has 2 all original sedans still running.
Oh that's badass!! Too bad about the model A too. My buddy has a model T & I love that thing! Literally sounds like "chitty-chitty-bang-bang".... that damn thing has so much character!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Oh that's badass!! Too bad about the model A too. My buddy has a model T & I love that thing! Literally sounds like "chitty-chitty-bang-bang".... that damn thing has so much character!
That is cool. I'm sure I would of weaseled a BBC in that pickup. And well my skill set wasn't what it is today lol.i was into motorcycles back then so they pretty much absorbed most of my time and funds.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
This is true... but even the skills of today probably wouldn't help much on that thing. Definitely grow in experience & knowledge just about everyday! Besides the engine..... the wires, plugs & the individual coil packs or points are almost unrecognizable to what we have today or even 50 yrs ago. Lol His is 1910 with a few 1908 parts.

One of these days we'll have to chat it up at one of the meets, that's if this forum does them... your local enough to me, surprisingly.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
This is true... but even the skills of today probably wouldn't help much on that thing. Definitely grow in experience & knowledge just about everyday! Besides the engine..... the wires, plugs & the individual coil packs or points are almost unrecognizable to what we have today or even 50 yrs ago. Lol His is 1910 with a few 1908 parts.

One of these days we'll have to chat it up at one of the meets, that's if this forum does them... your local enough to me, surprisingly.
I would redo all the electrics. That was my specialty on the German cars. I was that guy that got all the electrical disasters. Wires are my friends. As far as close prob an hour I'm just up the turnpike from you.

ThatGuyCruz

Reaction score
First Name
Cruz
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
I pulled these out of my truck this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave