Bucket Seat Rebuild or Replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
You said you prefer the '89-'91 seats. What's the difference? Do you know if there is a difference in the Blazer seats as well? Just got my curiosity up.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You said you prefer the '89-'91 seats. What's the difference? Do you know if there is a difference in the Blazer seats as well? Just got my curiosity up.
I took it as him talking about the upholstering and the padding on the later seats, which the later Blazers and Jimmies retained their seat design through the end of production if I’m not mistaken. The later Suburban ones look very GMT400 with more complex stitching and a fluffier appearance, if you will, where the earlier ones are simpler and look more like aircraft seats. Here’s a late mode right hand drive Suburban just to be a punk.

You must be registered for see images attach

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
I took it as him talking about the upholstering and the padding on the later seats, which the later Blazers and Jimmies retained their seat design through the end of production if I’m not mistaken. The later Suburban ones look very GMT400 with more complex stitching and a fluffier appearance, if you will, where the earlier ones are simpler and look more like aircraft seats. Here’s a late mode right hand drive Suburban just to be a punk.

You must be registered for see images attach

That’s right - I always liked the different bolstering and padding on those later seats. Not a huge deal, just a preference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes