Body mount bushings 79 K30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
i need some new bushing for the body mounts.

My cab is surprisingly rust free, it was pretty easy to loosen the bolts.

Should I go poly or rubber? I read a post here and they seemed to think the poly were thinner. Do the rubber compress and end up the same height as the poly ones once mounted? i don't need a body lift but I have saddle tanks and want to make sure i have plenty of clearance.

I see synergy pop up allot.

I did a body lift on my jeep and I just did one side at a time using a high lift. It was pretty simple. Should it be the same for my K30?

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
I bought prothane body mounts and install was a breeze, fit exactly like they were supposed too. The mounts should be the same for c-k30s

K10eddie

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I used LMC's cab and core support bushing kit. Good hardware and materials, and fit great. They are rubber, but I wanted better cab comfort and possibly avoid any noise or vibrations from poly.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I went with some polys from energy. The truck rides much better, my other bushings were toast.

About the energy kit: I ordered black and got red, the lower bushngs on the rear of the cab were missing so I enlarged the holes on the ones for the radiator.

This kit requires you to cut down the sleve for the rear bushings to fit. Had I know with that ahead of time I would have gone with others another kit.

I bought this on Amazon from autotrucktoys which is a on Amazon Prime. According to energy I ordered the right kit it was just missing parts. There is nothing I can do other than ask for a return and send all the bushings back which are installed and I'm not going to do that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84