body bushing for a 74 crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
is there a difference in body bushing for the 73-74 crew cab trucks. i ordered a set from off road design but there not even close to working. the new rear cab bushing is 1/2” taller than the factory one. the others are the right height from what i can tell except for the ones under the core support which are smaller in diameter.

from what i find all the web sights, they list the bushing from 75-80 for the crew’s this makes me wonder if the 73-74 are different. another thing that makes me wonder if there different is because my B-52 kit dosnt fit the frame. i’ll call kurt on monday and see if he has any info on it. I was thinking it might be a difference in 2wd vs 4x4 frame but i have both and the frames where the b-52 mounts are the same shape and same bushings.

in the pics you can see how small the bushing is compared to the bracket. it is only about an 1/8” bigger than the hole. also you can see how the bottom of the B-52 bracket dosnt match the bottom of the frame at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

bushing compared to the hole on the B-52

bottom of the frame vs the bracket

bushing tight to core support to see how much the bottom is off

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
nobody? someone has to have changed bushing on one of the 73-74 trucks

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't think that it'll help much in this case, but I moved the thread from Steering and Suspension to Exterior > Paint and Body. Maybe we have a body guy that follows that section.

I know there's a difference in the trucks from 73-80 and 81 - up. But, I couldn't even begin to say on the Crew Cabs. Surely we have someone here that will know. Just a matter of getting the right guy.

@bucket has had a Crew Cab and maybe he might have a little bit of clue.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Uh, my '79 rear cab bushings are shot so I don't think I'm any help there. There's really nothing left to measure, lol.

Are those B52 brackets for an '81-up? They take a different style bushing in those years.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
Uh, my '79 rear cab bushings are shot so I don't think I'm any help there. There's really nothing left to measure, lol.

Are those B52 brackets for an '81-up? They take a different style bushing in those years.

the brackets that are ordered were for the 73-80 but that dosnt mean that the right ones came. i’ll call DIY4x on monday and talk to kirt and see if he has some info. i’m going to call energy suspension also and see if they can tell me why only have 1975-1980 listed.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I don't think that it'll help much in this case, but I moved the thread from Steering and Suspension to Exterior > Paint and Body. Maybe we have a body guy that follows that section.

I know there's a difference in the trucks from 73-80 and 81 - up. But, I couldn't even begin to say on the Crew Cabs. Surely we have someone here that will know. Just a matter of getting the right guy.

@bucket has had a Crew Cab and maybe he might have a little bit of clue.

thanks i didn’t know which form would be a better one for body bushings since it is kind of a gray zone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes