Blue engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
GMC motors were blue.
Cadillac motors were blue.
Scientifically both faster than orange chevy motors; why do you think the logo is blue bitches lol!
:gm:
except Cadillac motors didn't like high rpms, and they were a dark blue. GM blue used 2 different shades, depending on the year. And while the Cads made much more torque, the valve train couldn't survive high rpm assaults.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
RustyPile is right 59 they changed to straight across. Sorry I'm old mind is going it's still 1967 isn't it?

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
except Cadillac motors didn't like high rpms, and they were a dark blue. GM blue used 2 different shades, depending on the year. And while the Cads made much more torque, the valve train couldn't survive high rpm assaults.

Nothing a few parts from CAD500 industries can't fix :rockit:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Nothing a few parts from CAD500 industries can't fix :rockit:
lol, oh, I know. I just ended up going diesel instead. I would still love to put a 500 cad engine in something to play with, but the bare bones simplicity of the old diesel REALLY appeals to me right now. The saddest part is, one of the guys I work with just offered to sell me my choice of a couple of Cad engines.

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
I love mine, wanna put one in the K15 too!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Trust me, I'd love to have at least one of those 500's hanging around, if to do nothing else than to shut up the big block Chevy guys. But, I've reached that point in my life, where I have to access what I'll actually do something with, versus something that will just take up space.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Trust me, I'd love to have at least one of those 500's hanging around, if to do nothing else than to shut up the big block Chevy guys. But, I've reached that point in my life, where I have to access what I'll actually do something with, versus something that will just take up space.
Since we're on the color topic....

It's a little know fact, but some of the 472/500's came out of the factor painted gold. I know this to be 100% true. SO, back in 82 when I put a 500 in my 70 Nova, I painted it gold after I rebuilt it. Nobody laughs at a gold painted motor, when there's 500 cubic inches under that paint..... Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Since we're on the color topic....

It's a little know fact, but some of the 472/500's came out of the factor painted gold. I know this to be 100% true. SO, back in 82 when I put a 500 in my 70 Nova, I painted it gold after I rebuilt it. Nobody laughs at a gold painted motor, when there's 500 cubic inches under that paint..... Lol
Funny you mention that. For the longest time as I was growing up, I was under the impression that those engines were painted gold. I don't know where I got that impression, perhaps I read some reference to the ones you mentioned. Was pretty bummed when I found out that most of them were an unremarkable shade of dark blue. I mean, if Pontiac, and Oldsmobile could get the cool colors they had, wtf Cadillac, why no showboating under the hood? lol

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I thought the Buick engines were gold? But WTF do I know? Pontiacs were a light blue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey