Blinker issues “SOLVED”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hate to poach your thread but I saw that your inside blinker isn't working. I have a similar situation and am looking for guidance. All the exterior lights work as they should. I can also hear the left blinker but the light does not come on in the console. I have replaced the circuit, all bulb housings and all bulbs. It didn't work before I did all that and still doesn't. Any ideas?

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
The side marker light wires were chewed off from a mouse or squirrel and has been replaced and works, I think the front and rear lights are switched individually along with the dash indicator light

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
So far all my running lights work perfectly, my front right dose not blink all the other lights work as they should, the front right won’t even flash when I turn on the hazard lights

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Are you absolutely certain that the bulb is NOT the culprit?

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
Yes, it is a new bulb, and I even switched it with the one from the left side that works as it should and the left works fine with the new bulb, and the old

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
I’m suspecting my multi switch in the column I pulled it out and was going to bench test it but I don’t know what wire is the common ground/hot, I guse I could just run through them all and what ever one is the most constant is the one I’m looking for, right?? I suck at this wiring thing

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
So it turns out it was the blinker switch in the column, it went in easier than I thought it would, turns out the reassemble was a bit more of a pain, mainly when you realize you missed a piece, and then another, and have to take the column apart 2 extra times. But it all works as it should

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So it turns out it was the blinker switch in the column, it went in easier than I thought it would, turns out the reassemble was a bit more of a pain, mainly when you realize you missed a piece, and then another, and have to take the column apart 2 extra times. But it all works as it should

Is this what fixed your dash blinker light? If so it looks like I need to do the same. Not too confident taking my column apart.

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
It was kinda easy not much on the YouTube that I found, there is a turn signal switch video or two but nothing 100%. You will need a steering wheel puller, and a lock plate compressor, philips, few torques, and 3 different sockets to remove the column/dash mount, and steering wheel nut, both puller and compressor are less then $15 each and the switch cost me $50.

It probably took me about a hour to do it the 3 times and get my dash reinstalled most of the way. And I had to do it 3 times as well, I’m doing good at remembering where all the leftover parts go and taking the time to take **** apart again to put them back in

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
There are several videos using the T400 CK chassis... Very similar column to the one we have in the 84-91 CK & RV trucks.
Saginaw columns were put in lots of different vehicles from GM, AMC, and Chrysler. My 85 AMC Eagle wagon has a Saginaw column. The column I cabbaged out of a Concord for my first Eagle was a Saginaw unit. My stepbrother's AMC Jeep has one too.

I highly recommend getting a lock plate tool.

Heres a playlist using an 89 RV chassis with a tilt Saginaw as a victim. Not family/work friendly. This guy has some colorful things to say.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here's a regular Saginaw with multifunction turn stalk.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8