Best of the worst?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Been doing a decent amount of research on FI systems I want to go with one of those self learning systems. Unless there's a better option for the price I have not seen.

Anyway, its pretty much come down to the msd atomic system, the holley sniper system, or now edlebrocks system. Or whatever else shows up for dirt cheap.

Anyone with a lot of experience with any of these systems I'd like to know your opinions to help figure out what I myself want to get, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The Roadkill guys thro that MSD Atomic EFI on pretty much anything. It’s a self learner.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The Roadkill guys thro that MSD Atomic EFI on pretty much anything. It’s a self learner.
Yeah I am leaning heavily to that system I like it a lot to me everything seems to be a knock off of that system. I just cannot find a good video that shows more than the install but more of the problems the system has and how easy the tuning is for going past the self learning

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah I am leaning heavily to that system I like it a lot to me everything seems to be a knock off of that system. I just cannot find a good video that shows more than the install but more of the problems the system has and how easy the tuning is for going past the self learning

From what I’ve seen you input cid compression ratio watch this they put one on this wagon
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Whenever people ask about aftermarket EFI, I try to remember which one Freiburger and Finnegan used and what episode(s). I remember now, though. But yeah, it seemed like a cool system, and if I was gonna go that direction, I'd definitely give it thorough consideration.

radio2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
83 and 88
Truck Model
83 C10 and 88 R10 Burb
Engine Size
What made you move past FITECH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Does any one remember when Holley Projection was the hot set up?

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Does any one remember when Holley Projection was the hot set up?
That **** always had me confused, so I never messed with it.

I've had good experience with the fitech, a friend and I put one on his Jeep Grand Waggoneer.

@Splandman has the Holley Sniper system on his. He said he loves it.

I'm liking the Edelbrock system now that they reduced the price.

Summit released a system too. Supposedly it is made by Fitech.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That **** always had me confused, so I never messed with it.

I've had good experience with the fitech, a friend and I put one on his Jeep Grand Waggoneer.

@Splandman has the Holley Sniper system on his. He said he loves it.

I'm liking the Edelbrock system now that they reduced the price.

Summit released a system too. Supposedly it is made by Fitech.
I’m a fan of multi port injection whether Holley, Eddy or Accel just not in the budget right now

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Yeah, mine will be carb for a while until after I get the 496 built and installed next summer.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What made you move past FITECH?

IMO, FITech is marketed as a cheap system. While this is true, you also are NOT comparing apples to apples. The cheap $700 version everybody falls too is a fuel only system. Most (I think all) of the other "name brand" systems are fuel AND ignition control. To get that from FITech you need to go with one of their more expensive units, which, low and behold, is about the same price as the big name guys. I have read quite a few reports of guys going away from the FITech to the Sniper unit and liking the Sniper much more.

If I am doing an EFI conversion, I am NOT doing a fuel only set-up. I want control of both fuel and ignition. And with prices very competitive across the board, I would be going with the big name guys. Would you buy a Kia at the same price of a GM?

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
IMO, FITech is marketed as a cheap system. While this is true, you also are NOT comparing apples to apples. The cheap $700 version everybody falls too is a fuel only system. Most (I think all) of the other "name brand" systems are fuel AND ignition control. To get that from FITech you need to go with one of their more expensive units, which, low and behold, is about the same price as the big name guys. I have read quite a few reports of guys going away from the FITech to the Sniper unit and liking the Sniper much more.

If I am doing an EFI conversion, I am NOT doing a fuel only set-up. I want control of both fuel and ignition. And with prices very competitive across the board, I would be going with the big name guys. Would you buy a Kia at the same price of a GM?
True, id really like to have timing control, along with most systems seem to have a methonal injection function too which one way or another I'm gonna have but it'd be nice if my efi and injection system worked together

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg