Bent hinge pillar / Sheet metal install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakkasan

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got all the major rust repair done on the firewall but within the pinch weld of the cowl panel and firewall I can tell there’s still some surface rust down in there. I’m guessing water has seeped through the seam sealer over the last 40 years.

I already started ripping out the sealer ( yeah it sucks )

Question.

In thinking of putting some POR-15 down into the cavity under the windshield then spraying some bedliner over that to completely seal it up.

Good idea or not?

You must be registered for see images attach

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Got all the major rust repair done on the firewall but within the pinch weld of the cowl panel and firewall I can tell there’s still some surface rust down in there. I’m guessing water has seeped through the seam sealer over the last 40 years.

I already started ripping out the sealer ( yeah it sucks )

Question.

In thinking of putting some POR-15 down into the cavity under the windshield then spraying some bedliner over that to completely seal it up.

Good idea or not?

X2. Great question. I've done the same in some areas. Peeled out the sealer. Are you guys treating the rust you cant get to(like with a wire wheel)? Or i should say- How are you treating it? Convertor? What brand exactly?

I've had excellent luck with por15, but that was over clean, etched metal. I havent tried it over converted metal...

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Great work, btw. Thats looking good!

lumpyc10

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size
Po15 works great over rust Google their web site bedliner over it is a great idea I would do that. Apply it after the po15 is dry but still tacky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uberbeans