Bench seat front row in a suburban 1987?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Henrik

Reaction score
First Name
Henrik
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I need a benchseat for my suburban 1987, since i live in sweden there isnt any junkyards (with american cars) i can visit, so i have to search for one by reading ads, searching on forums etc. Talked to the "car inspection" and the told me it needs to be an "original" seat, cant alter the mounting brackets in any way (ofc i can weld and grind to a fit, but bolt on is better). Is there any bechseat original for the suburban in front? What year of bechseats am i looking for, to get a bolton? a guy have a bechseat from a 1973 that needs a major overhaul.
Im trying to get a benchseat here in sweden, i guess the shipping + taxes to sweden is a bit steep.

Sorry if this is common knowledge in US, here in Sweden you see a squarebody only a couple of times a year.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I seen it stated that brackets different between 73-80 and 81-91.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I need a benchseat for my suburban 1987, since i live in sweden there isnt any junkyards (with american cars) i can visit, so i have to search for one by reading ads, searching on forums etc. Talked to the "car inspection" and the told me it needs to be an "original" seat, cant alter the mounting brackets in any way (ofc i can weld and grind to a fit, but bolt on is better). Is there any bechseat original for the suburban in front? What year of bechseats am i looking for, to get a bolton? a guy have a bechseat from a 1973 that needs a major overhaul.
Im trying to get a benchseat here in sweden, i guess the shipping + taxes to sweden is a bit steep.

Sorry if this is common knowledge in US, here in Sweden you see a squarebody only a couple of times a year.

Is there any bechseat original for the suburban in front?

Yes. Here are the dwg and parts list for 1985 and up:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I checked back to 1973 - there was always a bench seat available for the 06 series.

As far as securing the seat to the cab floor. Between the seat frame and cab floor are two rails that the seat can slide forward and back on. These are called adjusters. The adjusters are fastened to the seat frame with 3 bolts (2 in the back and one in the front) and they are secured to the cab floor with 2 bolts each. It looks like this:

There are 4 weld nuts on the underside of the cab floor - and the floor is drilled so the bolts can be threaded into the weld nuts.

If you do find a suitable bench seat from some other year - but the holes in the adjusters don't line up with the holes in the floor - you might consider drilling holes in the appropriate spots and welding 4 new nuts to the underside of the cab. I would imagine that doing it that way would be the cheapest way out and attract the least amount of attention at the inspection station. They probably would never even notice that the modification had been done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84