Beech C23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
My grandpa had a Cessna and would take us up from time to time. He always did stuff to try and make me sick. Little did he know, I actually enjoyed flying. Some good memories.

An old supervisor I had back in the 90's was a pilot and we flew a couple times to different County airports that we had a meeting at, or was faster to fly to due to terrain. We were flying over the Owens River and I asked him how his Piper would glide if the engine failed. He said it glides like a rock.
It must have been a tri pacer or a pacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Tripacer
You must be registered for see images attach

Pacer

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I f'd up. I had it in my mind I read Piper. The Pacer and Tripacer are Pipers. Cessnas are different. My apologies to all who have been duped by my misinformation.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
It was a low wing Piper

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I f'd up. I had it in my mind I read Piper. The Pacer and Tripacer are Pipers. Cessnas are different. My apologies to all who have been duped by my misinformation.
I was gonna correct you but I decided to give you a chance......:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175: Kidding of course I don’t even know which end is the bow....... lol

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
It was a low wing Piper
So I was half assed right by accident? I encourage everyone who ever had a notion to fly to go out and learn how. I wish I would have done it when I was in my 20’s.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I was gonna correct you but I decided to give you a chance......:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175: Kidding of course I don’t even know which end is the bow....... lol
Thanks, you’re a real pal.

The bow is the pointy end of course.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
So I was half assed right by accident? I encourage everyone who ever had a notion to fly to go out and learn how. I wish I would have done it when I was in my 20’s.

It is different. I would like to but I cannot afford the hobby. Golf is expensive enough as it is...lol... Flying really is something else though. Seeing things from a different perspective and being able to travel a whole lot faster and take a more direct route is nice.

Speaking of more direct route, back in '98 a guy from Tracy, CA and his 4 year old son flew to Scottsdale, AZ in his experimental plane. On their flight over to AZ they had to fly to the south end of the Sierra Nevadas down by Tehachapi and up to Lone Pine Airport for fuel. From there they could fly through the Inyo Mountains and over to AZ. On their return trip they once again stopped in Lone Pine for fuel and started south to the south end of the Sierra Nevadas again. The bad part is the dad thought they had flown far enough south and headed west to go over the Sierra's. The plane was whoafully under powered for this bearing he was now taking and they got boxed in trying to go over Wonoga Peak which rapidly rises to 10,371 feet. The fact it was a heavy snow year is what saved them, because they landed high up in the trees on a blanket of snow. I was on-call that weekend and his wife contacted me via the pager because they hadn't checked in since fueling up in Lone Pine and should have been home. I went to the airport and was looking through the Fast Pay receipts for his tail number when I heard someone calling out over the radio. I grabbed the handheld and responded back. It was him. I asked him what he could see from his vantage point and from his description I was able to figure out he was on Horseshoe Meadow Road. I located them a few miles up the road beyond the locked winter gate and was able to drive them down to town. They had no way to get back home so I drove them to Ridgecrest so they could get a rental car and drive home. Dateline NBC did a story on him and portrayed him as a hero for making a sled from the tail section of the plane wreckage and hiking out. I was actually interviewed by NBC and they had me drive the road where I picked them up while they filmed me in Mean Green. That guy was an idiot for going that route, there was no way his little plane could fly in those altitudes. The NBC story aired on the night I moved back in December 1999. I arrived at my brother's house and he told me to hurry inside, and there I was on TV...lol...

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Top gear UK was the best show of all time. Sucked when Jeremy Clarkson got booted from the show for punching a producer.

Now the have “The Grand Tour” on amazon. Pretty good still

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Late to the Audi/vw talk... if you want a reliable Audi, you want an inline 5. I had a 20 valve turbo that was pumped and never had issues. That bottom end is bulletproof. There was an efi tuner, think his name was Javad Shadzi, he daily drove a 5 cylinder Audi with 700hp.

I’ll agree honky Kong, I loved the body on my type 3 notch.
Also had a 72 super with a CB performance 2332cc and Porsche 901 5 speed trans.

My family is into the air cooled vws and porsches. Dad still has a 65 vw splitty microbus and a 65 356c Porsche. Spent many good years working on that stuff with my pops.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Grease Monkey is such a derogatory moniker for Mechanical Engineer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL