Battery gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtsd

Reaction score
First Name
J
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1L 250 Inline 6 cyl
hey everybody,
Anybody know where to find the lead/connection for the battery gauge inside the truck?
It's a 1981 Scottsdale with a 250 and A/C. Any help on how to find this would be appreciated, I've successfully found and connected the temp gauge and the oil pressure gauge, but the battery gauge has been giving me trouble.

Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Geez, I don't even know that one. We'll have to find a wire schematic to see where the gauge get's its reading from. I'd imagine though it's going to be inside the cab. Probably off of the ignition switch or something. I doubt it'll be a wire under the hood like the Temp and Oil Pressure are. It can get the voltage reading from anywhere.

That's a sweet ass looking truck though. I'd keep it a 250 too. Welcome to GMSB !!!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site, very nice truck..

84c10Tony

Howdy!
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Was 84
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hmm, it has been a lot of years since I had my gauge panel off to replace a gauge, seem to remember the flexible circuit board had a pair of holes the gauge studs went through and secured by nuts...but some of the brain cells have dried up in the desert out here and...nuts, where was I?
Have you had the panel off? looked at the circuit board, is there any fine cracks in it?, by the gauge area?
Or a little corrosion to inhibit proper contact? make sure the copper is clean and bright, something to check. One or two of the guys here have shown fixes for the cracks btw. Or a new board for $70 or so from Classic parts or one of the guys here if it is the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat