Barn door latch drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91 Burb

Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 cid
Would anyone have any pointers on how to release the latch on srivers side rear door. The trigger on inside of door will not realease the latch.. sprayed the hell out of it several times,took inside panels off and tried a few differnt things to get it to pop but no sucess ..

Any help would be great

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Been sitting a while? Rusty rear body?

If the body is heavily rusted it can be putting the rear doors in a bind. When I got my old barn door Burb, it took some work to get the rear doors functional. I remember having to use a small pry bar on the little latch tab and a big prybar to actually pop the door open.

88burbboy

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Been sitting a while? Rusty rear body?

If the body is heavily rusted it can be putting the rear doors in a bind. When I got my old barn door Burb, it took some work to get the rear doors functional. I remember having to use a small pry bar on the little latch tab and a big prybar to actually pop the door open.

Same here. The rear cargo floors and rear barn door pan can get pretty bound up. Sometimes it takes some persuading. The doors could also be out of adjustment or where adjusted wrong and the doors slammed shut hard. Lots of Kroil penetrating fluid and gentle persuasion. The bottom and top latches are available through LMC if you break them.

91 Burb

Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 cid
Thanks guys
I will give your hints a shot and post if i have success..or not!!!..
Thanks again for the tips

91 Burb

Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 cid
I gave it some good persuading and lots of spray and got it open. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL