Bar magnet in engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have one here......
You must be registered for see images attach
I **** you not, that book shelf almost looks identical to one of my shelves with all the old Chiltons and Haynes manuals. I know for a fact I have 1986 Chilton and several other back in the 80's and even collected some from the 60's. Those were my bibles back in the day before internet.

So what's your average kill a month or a year J-Me the Ripper???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd like to think i had the most original idea ever in the history of motoring. Probably not, but it's fun to think that I came up with an original solution to a problem I've had when working under the hood. Mounting a bar magnet under the hood gives me a way to keep tools close at hand without using the tops of the batteries or having a small pile that falls with any disturbance.
Wanted to pass this along; I find it very useful.

View media item 7312

That is a great idea. I need that bad. I've learned, you DO NOT leave tools laying inside the engine bay. So I always leave outside like that and sometimes you get to many and they do start rolling off and then they're not there when you need to reach for them.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I **** you not, that book shelf almost looks identical to one of my shelves with all the old Chiltons and Haynes manuals. I know for a fact I have 1986 Chilton and several other back in the 80's and even collected some from the 60's. Those were my bibles back in the day before internet.

So what's your average kill a month or a year J-Me the Ripper???
I like pointy things lol....that's only a small portion I have a pretty sweet ax collection too. The saber that's behind the little ones is one of my favorites. Lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I like pointy things lol....that's only a small portion I have a pretty sweet ax collection too. The saber that's behind the little ones is one of my favorites. Lol

Ax's too?? We'll just call you Jason the Ripper so we have both Jason and Jack the Ripper incorporated into 1.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ax's too?? We'll just call you Jason the Ripper so we have both Jason and Jack the Ripper incorporated into 1.
I have a few sithes and a couple sickles too even if I can't spell them. Up close and personal **** ya know...lol

ol-grouch

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I collect old automotive literature. The oldest with a definite date is the 1903 edition of "Audel's Answers on Automobiles for the Automobilist". One that I still refer to is a 1936 edition of "Troubleshooter's Handbook". Even with today's computerized vehicles, I still refer from time to time to track down what the computer only hints at. The same vacuum diagrams will work on a 2012 car as it will on a 1912 car. Granted, it's been decades since I pulled a lathead engine head to decarbon the valves.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I collect old automotive literature. The oldest with a definite date is the 1903 edition of "Audel's Answers on Automobiles for the Automobilist". One that I still refer to is a 1936 edition of "Troubleshooter's Handbook". Even with today's computerized vehicles, I still refer from time to time to track down what the computer only hints at. The same vacuum diagrams will work on a 2012 car as it will on a 1912 car. Granted, it's been decades since I pulled a lathead engine head to decarbon the valves.
Welcome to GMSB

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK