Axle Rotor Wheel Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hillbillywillis

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Have a 85 C10 and replaced the rear drum brake to disks. It's a 30 spline axle and now that we have done the disc brake conversion kit, there is only about an 1/8" that the wheel sits onto the axle. Is this normal or should the wheel hub stick out further. Not sure if it's the axle that supports the wheel or the the wheel studs. We are going with aftermarket wheels. Sorry if this is a super basic question, but it's my first build.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Studs hold the wheel. Axle flange does not matter for holding the wheel.

Last edited:

hillbillywillis

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks, so how much do we need to actually need to support the wheel? Below is a pic of our setup, so you can see that there isn't much that would support it.
You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Sorry. Missed typed the does not in previous reply. You should not have an issue. Gm wheels are not hubcentric
Thanks, so how much do we need to actually need to support the wheel? Below is a pic of our setup, so you can see that there isn't much that would support it.
You must be registered for see images attach

toneskeyz74c10

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey There, I know this was an old post but I was curious to see what the end result was. I am currently in the same boat with aftermarket wheels. I was afraid that there was not enough center hub/flange to support the wheel because I was under the impression that it was hubcentric.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Hey There, I know this was an old post but I was curious to see what the end result was. I am currently in the same boat with aftermarket wheels. I was afraid that there was not enough center hub/flange to support the wheel because I was under the impression that it was hubcentric.
A wheel that uses a conical lug nut usually is not a hybcentric. The lug nuts set the center.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

83sbc

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Dose any one know what axles I can get that will be 30 spline and fit a stock 83 gmc rear end I believe my stock axles are like 30.75 inches long some one plz help urgent

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I responded to your other post too, I'm fairly certain it's 88 models up are 30 spline. So you'd have to get them from a Burb or 2wd Jimmy or Blazer to get the 5 lug you asked about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8