Audio unit and road noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Sounds like you've got a set of old speakers as well.

Early years had a single 4"×10" speaker in the center of the dash under the dash pad. Later trucks had one at either end.

6"x9" speakers will fit in the cab corners. Can do 5" down at the kick panels or underneath the dash facing down.

If you wanna get a lot better, can also do an amp to have a cleaner sound. An amp helps prevent you from cranking the radio. The higher the volume is set on the headunit, the lower the actual quality since you'll be much closer to its actual output limits.

So it's best to actually max around 75% of the volume and let an amp boost the audio.
How would I hook an amp up to such an old radio?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
As long as your amp has inputs for it like that other wise you will need a line level adapter to convert to RCA outputs.

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Anybody have any remedies for this? It just fell off don't wanna have to replace the whole lock cylinder

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Hey guys sorry to completely throw a spin in this thread but y'all seem to be really helpful my grandfather has a 77 k5 blazer my sister ran it hot to the point it shut down a few years ago and I'm trying to get it running. It's got a new starter new battery cables it turns over freely but every time I try to turn the truck over it turns over slow like a bad battery. I could've sworn the battery was good (even hooked up a charger just in case and it still turned extremely slow) any ideas? If I need to make a new thread I can.

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
And the battery cables get really hot when trying to start

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
And the battery cables get really hot when trying to start
Could be a bad starter pulling to many amps or the engine got tight from being over heated. Try pulling the plugs and see if coolant comes out. It could of blown a head gasket and put coolant in the cylinders and rusted them up.

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Could be a bad starter pulling to many amps or the engine got tight from being over heated. Try pulling the plugs and see if coolant comes out. It could of blown a head gasket and put coolant in the cylinders and rusted them up.
I'm thinking that's all it could be ive been turning it over by hand and it seems to lock up on one cylinder then I back out and do it again same result. Is it cheaper to rebuild or replace?

Camohurley

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Also the new starter was tested at purchase

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm thinking that's all it could be ive been turning it over by hand and it seems to lock up on one cylinder then I back out and do it again same result. Is it cheaper to rebuild or replace?
Could be hydraulically locking too pull them plugs and see if it will go all the way around. All depends on damage to existing engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84