Anyone Ever heard of Electrolysis ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
I loaned my engine hoist to a friend with two conditions: 1) He was never to leave an engine hanging on it and 2) he was never to leave it outside. A couple years went by before I needed it again. I went to pick it up and it was sitting outside buried in the dirt. I brought it home, fashioned a tank out of 2x4's and plastic and used the electrolysis method to de-rust it. I used rebar for the sacrificial metal. It now looks brand new but doesn't get loaned to ANYONE ever again. (I know, don't loan tools but I thought I could depend on him.) The hoist is completely rust free after about five years now. I coated inside and out with Rustolem paint. I'm getting ready to show my son how to do it using a 55-gallon drum like HotRodPC to de-rust some parts for his '67 K30 as soon as the weather permits. Couldn't recommend the process enough. Results are absolutely amazing! Just be careful to follow all instructions!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969