Anybody replaced Pitman shaft seal before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealacamp

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
81, 78
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just wanted to follow up my previous post, that link to the rebuild was for reference, unless you really want to go all the way. I merely cleaned mine up and resealed it. I followed these instruction from Texas Firefighter here in this thread. His directions were spot on and considering that I've never done this before and pulled it off with his method says he's got this down right.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=619634

xlcooplx

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
73-79
Truck Model
c10/k10
Engine Size
LSx
You must be registered for see images attach

I realize I'm a little late to this but I recently rebuilt my saginaw power steering box. The kit was around $25 from Rock Auto. It's a fairly straight forward process if you're comfortable with your mechanical abilities. I rebuilt mine on the kitchen table in one evening. Box feels much better now and no longer leaks.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over

I realize I'm a little late to this but I recently rebuilt my saginaw power steering box. The kit was around $25 from Rock Auto. It's a fairly straight forward process if you're comfortable with your mechanical abilities. I rebuilt mine on the kitchen table in one evening. Box feels much better now and no longer leaks.
What was included in the kit? Just all new seals?

xlcooplx

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
73-79
Truck Model
c10/k10
Engine Size
LSx
What was included in the kit? Just all new seals?
All new seals and replacement bearings. It's only like $6 more for the entire kit so I couldn't justify only resealing it while I had it off the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL