Any good hacks/upgrades you've come up with for our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
cucv have em stock for blackout for mission critical Operations
awesome, now I just need to paint the truck back to camo to be extra sneaky. I've actually thought about painting it camo and redoing the front end with the cucv bumper/grill stuff. I some time to decide yet...

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It is in my build thread, but essentially it is a stock water temp gauge with water symbol blacked out. Mounted with little aluminium brackets because the mounting holes did not match. The temp sender in the trans matches the required impedance
A little late to the party here, but I like the OEM temp gauge in place of the clock and was hoping to get more info on how you did it? That gauge looks to be just another water temp with the symbol removed?

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It is in my build thread, but essentially it is a stock water temp gauge with water symbol blacked out. Mounted with little aluminium brackets because the mounting holes did not match. The temp sender in the trans matches the required impedance

I like it. I wonder if my auto meter sending unit will work with it. I was thinking about it today (While at work of course) and I'm going to try and do the same except I'll cut up a clock gauge face and JB-weld it to the back of a water gauge. I'll check your build thread out because I'll need to know how to wire it in once I get it mountable.

Thanks for posting that up! I've been trying to get this done for a while now and was about to give up on it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Autometer has a correct resistance sender. Need to verify resistor on the back of the temp gauge to know exactly what sender to use
I like it. I wonder if my auto meter sending unit will work with it. I was thinking about it today (While at work of course) and I'm going to try and do the same except I'll cut up a clock gauge face and JB-weld it to the back of a water gauge. I'll check your build thread out because I'll need to know how to wire it in once I get it mountable.

Thanks for posting that up! I've been trying to get this done for a while now and was about to give up on it.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Autometer has a correct resistance sender. Need to verify resistor on the back of the temp gauge to know exactly what sender to use

Gotcha thanks, I have an original temp gauge which looks just like the one you have in the picture. But I'll definitely check it out before I start cutting them up.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
cucv have em stock for blackout for mission critical Operations

found this on a cucv forum. these are the exact switches I have. I'm looking into pulling something like this off in a more aesthetic manner. I'm liking learning about the cucv stuff I find on the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wyttrash

Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Mechanical fan upgrade for one from 95+ trucks
Do the Vortec fans bolt to the square body fan clutches? That’s pretty cool.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Adding a Semi Truck convex mirror....

Picked up an 8" convex mirror from Freightliner a few years back, for like 15 or 20 bucks and tossed it on. It works awesome- no more blind spot and its big enough to actually see cars in it. Then I aimed my regular mirror down to be able to see my outside dually, which made parking tons easier. One drawback- this will probably only work if you have the big ass ugly mirrors, like mine.... Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Adding a Semi Truck convex mirror....

Picked up an 8" convex mirror from Freightliner a few years back, for like 15 or 20 bucks and tossed it on. It works awesome- no more blind spot and its big enough to actually see cars in it. Then I aimed my regular mirror down to be able to see my outside dually, which made parking tons easier. One drawback- this will probably only work if you have the big ass ugly mirrors, like mine.... Lol
Be honest how much **** have you clipped with that mirror. It has an odd lean to it. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
found this on a cucv forum. these are the exact switches I have. I'm looking into pulling something like this off in a more aesthetic manner. I'm liking learning about the cucv stuff I find on the truck.
No way, that’s cool like that. Then again I’m kinda weird with **** like that.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
No way, that’s cool like that. Then again I’m kinda weird with **** like that.
I'm using the switches but can't really replicate what they have. I was thinking of replacing that little panel where the switches go and the strip that runs the length of the dash with 1/8" flat stock. just have to contour that longer strip to the existing one. then you could engrave a chevy logo on the raw steel or whatever. you could get super fancy and give it to a blacksmith to make it look like a custom shotgun. I think you could do all kinds of cool stuff with that.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Without the add-on convex, aren't those mirrors designed to be flipped around closer to the doors when not towing? Like flip the mirror facing forward, then swing the arm back towards the door? Not sure, just wondering.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Without the add-on convex, aren't those mirrors designed to be flipped around closer to the doors when not towing? Like flip the mirror facing forward, then swing the arm back towards the door? Not sure, just wondering.

Yes they are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128