And yet Another.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989toddm

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I scored a '94 Dodge 2wd 2500 from a friend as a donor for my 1983 K10, which original 350 has been knocking worse and worse. I'll try to update as much as possible, but fair warning: I'm not much with words or lots of pictures. [emoji16] That being said, here's where I'm at so far.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the power train out of the K10 and pushed it out of the shop to pull the cummins in monday and do the same. To get it together and rolling asap I'm going to throw the 6BT and 47RH in together with stock computer to control LU and OD and a little later after its rolling I will add a divorced T-case and get back to 4x4. Staying with stock GM 10" axles for now, since my engine is a 160hp/350?tq. Tq ratings being not far off of a built 350. Truck has a 4" Tuff Country lift already and it has always been a very rough ride with the 350 in it. I'm hoping the cummins will just take the edge off the ride and not squash the springs. May have to call Tuff Country and find out the ratings on these springs. I plan to leave computer and harness attached to trans and engine as I pull it, and use the needed wires/outputs from computer for my gauges and add a check engine light bulb just because.[emoji4]

Saved from hell by grace through faith, to live eternally one day with Jesus Christ and the saints in a New Heaven!

1989toddm

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
And, over a year later, the truck is rolling! Only issue is no speedometer, and the electric fans I put in may not be big enough to cool the beast. I used toggle switches for the trans OD and TL, as my computer is not receiving power. Love the truck so far!

Saved from hell by grace through faith, to live eternally one day with Jesus Christ and the saints in a New Heaven!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If you could attach some pictures and a sound clip, we'd love to see/hear it.

1989toddm

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I tried to upload a video but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I tried to upload a video but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again later.

You can upload to YouTube and embed it in your thread.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?p=323554

1989toddm

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally got to wifi to upload pics and video! The exhaust is finished, the video was first start up.

https://youtu.be/_BaKNyAtOiA

Last edited:

1989toddm

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ended up using Chevy sensors for oil pressure and water temp. Installed toggle switches to control lockup and overdrive. I was going to use the Dodge computer but I couldn't get any signals from it. I suspect it wasn't getting power to operate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128