Alternator wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
C5s aren't bad, price wise. I bought a really low mile one for $17.5K. If I had to do it again, I'd get something with a few more miles; this one has some weird issues from sitting that I've been working on repairing. I've seen good examples go for 14-15k.

If I hadnt known the owner, the guy that built it and gotten a deal on it I wouldn't have bought it. It's a PITA to work on and not very much room in the car.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Thanks for all the help guys, ended up getting the whole charge system all wired up with brand new wiring and fuses. Still up at work but I'll hopefully be firing her up on Friday!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Thanks for all the help guys, ended up getting the whole charge system all wired up with brand new wiring and fuses. Still up at work but I'll hopefully be firing her up on Friday!

Awesome! Looking forward to a status report once you fire it up!

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Awesome! Looking forward to a status report once you fire it up!

You got it. Worst part is I was ready to fire it up the day before I came back to work but kept blowing a fuse. Once I got to work, I found what my issue was within 2 minutes of chatting with PSI. So she's ready I hope! Cannot wait.

Thanks again for the help, this is a great forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400