Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looking at different airbag kits for my 86 shortbed but have some questions...without notching rear and drop spindles, how much of a drop can I expect with 15's and a slight lowpro tire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
This is with a normal flip kit type c-notch, drop spindles with cups, plates an bags in place of springs up front. The crossmember is like 1-1.5 off the ground.

Oh an you gotta ditch the inner fenders an cut on the inside structure of the fender some.

You must be registered for see images attach

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Looking at different airbag kits for my 86 shortbed but have some questions...without notching rear and drop spindles, how much of a drop can I expect with 15's and a slight lowpro tire

I could be super wrong, and Im sure someone will correct me, but I think you'll only get 4" before cutting anything, 5" you'll need to cut the bed supports, and anything lower, you'll need to c notch.

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I can't see the pics u posted bluex...wonder if it because I'm using my phone??.. thanks for the input, I'm really not wanting to cut anything... just want to b able to drop it down to cruise and bump it up a little bit to go out to the farm

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I can't see the pics u posted bluex...wonder if it because I'm using my phone??.. thanks for the input, I'm really not wanting to cut anything... just want to b able to drop it down to cruise and bump it up a little bit to go out to the farm

Get rid of tap a talk and use google as your browser.

jlfuksa

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Awesome! I can see pics now.. sick truck bluex...yeah I would like to habe a stance like that...better dust off the ole torch

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Err, drop google they spy and tell. Firefox for browser and duckduckgo for a search engine if you want privacy. And you WANT privacy...
Firefox on a phone? I have to use safari, stupid sheep phone and well it ain’t mine lol

Last edited:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Firefox on a phone? I have to use safari stupid sheep phone and will it ain’t mine lol
Use for phone for calls, text and photos. And use speaker phone at all times. Do not carry your phone in your pocket.
Live long, prosper, and do huge BBC burnouts.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Awesome! I can see pics now.. sick truck bluex...yeah I would like to habe a stance like that...better dust off the ole torch

Thanks! This is my notch, it looks a little different because some of the other suspension parts key off it but as far as cutting its no more than a regular c-notch you'd do for a flip kit.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Thanks! This is my notch, it looks a little different because some of the other suspension parts key off it but as far as cutting its no more than a regular c-notch you'd do for a flip kit.

Is the bottom of the airbag just sitting in that pocket? If it's fixed to the trailing rod it will restrict suspension droop and your inside tire will burn rubber around every corner.
You shop is well lit... and a mess.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Is the bottom of the airbag just sitting in that pocket? If it's fixed to the trailing rod it will restrict suspension droop and your inside tire will burn rubber around every corner.
Lol

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size

Its bolted to the arm, pretty much the standard practice for trailing arms on air as far as I know. Its just a cruiser but I do drive it aggressively every so often and I've never had that problem.

Like most everyone no matter how big the shop I have to much stuff. I'm just glad I have somewhere inside to work on it out of the elements.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Its bolted to the arm, pretty much the standard practice for trailing arms on air as far as I know. Its just a cruiser but I do drive it aggressively every so often and I've never had that problem.

Like most everyone no matter how big the shop I have to much stuff. I'm just glad I have somewhere inside to work on it out of the elements.
That’s why he bitches at every one he don’t have one. So he thinks we all abuse them and take them for granted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl