Air Compressor Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Hey folks, how happy are you with that Quincy from lowes? I was told to go for the 7.5 HP but it is so much more out of my budget that I was considering the 5HP.

My primary use will be to paint with it and run grinders, etc...

I was also looking at the I.R. at Tractor Supply 80 gal tank. I've read that there is a difference in quality between the 5HP and 7.5 HP with these as well....
Let me say Leatherneck. I did a **** ton of research on air compressors, asked a **** ton more questions. IR doesn't have the greatest costumer service, or the quality they use to. I wanted something that was well made, and if something did go wrong it was easily fixable. Lowes give us Vets 10% off. I like that they had to order it, it just wasn't sitting around in a warehouse somewhere. Semper I

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

LDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sounds good. I have a Lowes nearby. How did you work the warranty or extended warranty???

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Sounds good. I have a Lowes nearby. How did you work the warranty or extended warranty???

What ever Quincy compressor you get, it will suggest a oil change kit. If you buy the kit at the time of purches, and register it on line with Quincy, it will extended your warranty. You have to register it. The warranty from Lowes is a joke. A 2 extended warranty cost 250.00 bucks. in real life you are only getting a 1 year warranty, because Quincy gives you a 1 year Manufacturers warranty. The oil change kit is 150.00 and we get our 10% discount on that for being Vets. It extends your warranty for 2 years on top of your 1 year. So you are getting 3 years of warranty. The BS thing with Lowes warranty is if something happens, you have to take it to Lowes, than they send it to Quincy. With the Quincy warranty, you call them up, if it is a simple fix they send you the parts, and you replace them. If it is something major, they will arrange pick, and delivery. The Lowes also has a 1 time 50.00 deductible.

If you have the time to wait, you might want to look at the compressor from Eastwood. There is a post here in this thread. It looks like it would do most of what anyone would want. The only thing is Eastwood has back ordered it until 3-18. I couldn't wait that long. If you can I would suggest looking at that one also.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
DAMN IT!!!! I thought I was going to have time to hook up my compressor today. I just got my call to go to work....bastards won't give me enough time at home to get anything done. Oh and lets not forget the wife and her Honey Do list, that is a long as my Pecker....wait I wish it was that short,......as long as my leg. I'm so ready for the holidays to be over. Gotta Go.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:wave:

LDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Tell me about it. I've been working on the enclosed room out back, hardwood flooring and tiling the kitchen. I've got boxes of new parts waiting to install just no time.

Heck, the way it is shaping up, I may be able to wait until 3/18! lol

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Hey folks, how happy are you with that Quincy from lowes? I was told to go for the 7.5 HP but it is so much more out of my budget that I was considering the 5HP.

My primary use will be to paint with it and run grinders, etc...

I was also looking at the I.R. at Tractor Supply 80 gal tank. I've read that there is a difference in quality between the 5HP and 7.5 HP with these as well....

Sandborn makes like 5 different 60 gallon 5hp compressors under different names, Husky, Sandborn, Kobalt, I believe IR but not sure. WHen I was shopping I figured it all out by looking at them in store, same unit, different paint lol.

I got the Husky 60 gallon since Home Depot offered 10% veterans discount, it wound up being like 420 dollars at the time.

It's as much compressor as I need. I can run 1 of anything I want at a time, sand blaster, D/A, whatever, it cycles on and off and keeps up fine.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Little up date. Finally got it hooked up. The power switch was broken. Had to call Quincy, they apologized up and down. Sent me out another one. Of coarse the holidays slowed everything down.....but me. Worked my ass off. Had to rearrange my shop a bit. Got it where I wanted it. Got new air line in. Works like a champ. It is a lot quieter than I thought it was going to be. I have it right next to my sand blasting cabinet, when it kicks on it doesn't scare the crap out of me, and I can still here my music. I really happy with it, and it is more than enough for my sand blaster.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I have an 80 gal Craftsman that I've got great use out of for over 15 years. Just regular preventive maintenance. I think I spent $500 on it when it was on sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k