aftermarket gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layne02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
Anyone put aftermarket gauges in stock bezel? If so, how . Or is there a bezel you can buy that accepts aftermarket gauges? Thanks

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm just gonna use 1/8" aluminum plate to mount the gauges and eliminate everything else..

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I had an '80 crew cab with idiot lights back in the mid 90's. I used the below listed gauges. I believe I had to trim the back of the factory bezel a little and possibly the blue plastic backing. I may have had to wrap the perimeter of the gauge (behind the bezel lip) once or twice with electrical tape to fit snugly. I was able to keep the printed curcuit board, but I know if fit loosely over the aftermarket gauges. Lastly, I painted the bulbs with Testers transparent green paint to match the rest of the dash lights. Sorry I don't have any photos of this, but it was a petty easy install.

http://www.autometer.com/2-3-gauge-console-oil-water-volt-mech-black-2297.html

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
Holley EFI gauges, 4.5" for GPS tach and Speedo, 2/16" for others. Took 80-grit flap wheel and buzzed off the back side of bezel flat, then retaining rings just hold the gauges in. Not sure if I'm happy with how they sit in there but it was super easy to set up and I'm going to roll with it. All of the gauges except speedo and fuel level require a can signal from my EFI, but Holley makes them analog now as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Looks sharp!

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
I believe it would look better with the cheap truck bezel than the silverado one, the cheap truck would let the gauges recess more than just flat with the face of the bezel. I have one but it's cracked in a few places and had been hacked one at some point in its life of i would have rather used it.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
we did something similar in my friends Malibu, found out quickly that the gauges are recessed like they are to keep the glare from the sun off of them so you can see them in the day time.

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
Yeah, I've found a cheap truck bezel that will let me recess the gauges in more just hadn't had a chance to undo everything i have got done to modify the other bezel. Also found a immaculate dash out of a 82, but not sure if i want to change to the newer style dash pad or not. But, the newer dash pad would also provide some over hang to shade the gauges more, decisions decisions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisd9997