Aftermarket Fuel Gauge Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I had a dual tank setup before. They were dual 20s with with diesel senders and gauge. Now I have dual baffled 20s for an 87 with 87 sending unit.

I’ve read on this forum that diesel gauges have a different ohm range than gas gauges. Not to mention my fuel gauge is the 5” one and I want it to go into the 2”ish factory locations behind the turn signal stalk.

I don’t need the gauge to work with the tank selector. It’ll only be reading for the driver side tank.

Any recommendations?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I don't know the ohms for the diesel setup, but for gas it's 90 ohms. I used these gauges in the dash on my '80 crew cab (2 1/16"). It only had idiot lights. These fit inside the gauge buckets (lower left of the dash photo) with a little modification. I did have to trim the back side of the main dash to clear the gauge face. Call me an I can explain it better.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2397/overview/

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I used these gauges in the dash on my '80 crew cab (2 1/16"). It only had idiot lights. These fit inside the gauge buckets (lower left of the dash photo) with a little modification. I did have to trim the back side of the main dash to clear the gauge face. Call me an I can explain it better.

Thanks! That’s what I’m going for with the idiot light to gauge swap. I just ordered the same group of gauges from amazon. I was happy to see a decent sweep on the gauges at that price. I found a fuel gauge for the fourth spot on lmc. Theirs is $50 for the fuel gauge.

Now I just need to find a tach to sit next to the speedo that doesn’t look totally out of place. I’m thinking I’ll just put the sniper efi lcd there for now. Even though it’s kinda ugly, it has a lot of different metrics it can display.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I can't say with absolute certainty, but when I did the diesel swap on the Suburban I used the original gas sender and the gauge worked fine. I ended up changing it later for other reasons and didn't notice any difference.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I like that a lot! I’m ordering one.

Edit: just called that company and the guy who was making them passed away. They aren’t making them as the company’s future is unknown.

That sucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell