Adjusting hydraulic valves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I will have to look at see if the po did that guessing since they were loose he didn't. Small dremmel the tool for that job?
Ha! I beat Honkey to it.... Just whack the top of the rocker studs with a big hammer. That will flatten them out.

JK

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No no, once adjusted you simply put a big ol bugger weld on each stud.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Got it close with the engine off, then finished it up with the motor running, dirty as hell and will smoke for a couple days now that it's coated in oil, but runs like a dream. The distributor is a tooth off but im compensating with advance for now, seems to run fine. Puffs white smoke out the exhaust tho at idle, no smoke with throttle, not sure what that's about.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Maybe a big piece of cardboard with just the studs sticking through? Idk I can reuse them right they arnt a lock nut are they? Just ajdust valves as post before with the nut and then lock it down with the allen?
**** will slide off the cardboard, I'd use a damp rag around it that way it'll stick to the rag. Adjust as normal then tighten the allen, then give the poly lock a slight grunt, you'll feel it tighten up for that extra edge.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Maybe a big piece of cardboard with just the studs sticking through? Idk I can reuse them right they arnt a lock nut are they? Just ajdust valves as post before with the nut and then lock it down with the allen?
Just curious. What kind of rocker arms are you running?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
**** will slide off the cardboard, I'd use a damp rag around it that way it'll stick to the rag. Adjust as normal then tighten the allen, then give the poly lock a slight grunt, you'll feel it tighten up for that extra edge.
Ok i will do that!

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Rollers (think they are comps) which is why it has the poly locks. Dont have a pic on this phone or id show ya
Ok, that's great then. I was gonna wonder why, if you had stamped cup ones. Things are good!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK