A family heirloom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
Oh for sure, I have a plan for her but I wouldn't know where to start thread-wise, aside from the wiring issues I found yesterday while untangling the spaghetti lol.
1984ish looking??

So how did he make the extended length Blazer top???

Welcome from north Texas....

CmuCmu

Reaction score
First Name
Alfredo
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 SILVERADO BIG10
Engine Size
1984ish looking??

So how did he make the extended length Blazer top???

Welcome from north Texas....
Thank you, back then there were a lot of manufacturers for fiberglass tops, and at least here it was a common conversion, even for Ford or Dodge pickups. They were all made the same, single glass panes for the back sides, since they couldn't make aluminum frames and rails for sliding windows. The rear hatch assembly frame (I'll take a pic later since that's a whole another project) is held by rivets, and reuses the original back glass panel.
As for the why, I suppose it was easier to make those conversions instead of grey-importing K5s or third generation Broncos.
Edit: Added a picture for the rear hatch. Also, is that handle easy to straighten? Let's play "I spot x parts from x model" while we're at it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_111803.jpg
    IMG_20240522_111803.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Geez Alfredo, I'm jealous, I want a canopy on my truck. Thanks for sharing, and like your sense of humor. There are many here who have lots to offer, some with mechanical, or wiring...you are definitely in the right place, Welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obullard74