A/C And Fan Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Lutz

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Lutz
Truck Model
Engine Size
250 4.1L
I have power to the switches in the dash, well no longer in the dash because I had to pull it out... But no power to the fan or the A/C. I changed out the blower relay just in case, and applied straight 12v to the fan, and to the compressor clutch both spun. I see on the wiring diagram there is a fusible link somewhere in the fan circuit. Any ideas other than that?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The switch that directs them on or the wiring is bad. Since they work

Matt Lutz

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Lutz
Truck Model
Engine Size
250 4.1L
Finally figured it out! There was a whole fuse missing in the panel. Of course I was only looking at the ones that were installed, then I noticed one called PWR ACCY and stuck a 25 amp fuse in there and the A/C and Blower started working. Felt dumb and smart at the same time

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Finally figured it out! There was a whole fuse missing in the panel. Of course I was only looking at the ones that were installed, then I noticed one called PWR ACCY and stuck a 25 amp fuse in there and the A/C and Blower started working. Felt dumb and smart at the same time
make sure thats the right amp for that fuse spot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus