99 taco 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So I got my spare... Found a wheel itself for $55 then $20 mount and balance to have full spare....
You must be registered for see images attach

Took my mudflaps off for rear clearance from screws holding flaps on...

I also had this weird starting problem where it felt like weak battery, but then fire up... Then I would trickle charge it up... I hadn't been driving it as much as I wouldve liked due to fears of being stranded and unable to get home.... At one point thought I would need a hi po alt like my 22re and it just wasn't charging enough, but got it fixed today... Fires up great now...here was the culprit...

Got one of these terminal splice in cables...

Completed install, as always I couldnt find electrical tape, so had to go to the store again...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So she is running great now... This is what I still think about but I got a trip to st loius/ springfield missourri coming up and need to save for that...
6)$1000???touchscreen cd/ mp3/etc+
fix antenna, its ripped off...
3) $300 3"revtekcoil spacer type lift
2)$200 susp kit, for tie rods, ball joints etc
1) ps rack per toyota but after mini me it may just need banjo washers
4)align,
5) lcengineering header,
7) 2.7 supercharger

This is the place ill get the spare wheel from...

Also got a new to me vehcile given by my dad I am replacing the tercel I sold for ny gf....she had wanted a saturn (I have no idea why...saturn of all cars), but I will have a thread for that cars maintenance too... My finances are gwtting spread thin at this point, but time will work it out...overtime that is...

Last edited:

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Got spare... Gotta mount it under bed, but dont have the tire changing tools...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So I made one of these tools in the video below and got the spare mounted....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Havent really drove it much since I bought her, for small maintenance issues, but got this one handled today...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Still got ps rack, tie rods, ball joints to inspect again, then align.... But my starting issue still like almostvdead batt then sparks like full chargeI...probly old wire/ contact points somewhere... So im trickle chargin again.... Small things, but dont want a arm to fall off due to ball joints, and get stuck due to weird start up...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Sold oem wheels for $160...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So I called the dealer a month or so ago asking about my title because I was putting $$$ into vehicle....they said DMV is slow.... Well I called a few days ago and got a nervous kid who said call mon to talk to owner after 3pm but then I left my name and number asking for return call. I call mon after three pm and get a lady who says they are moving a few streets over and to call back tommorrow and boss Kristi would be handing out titles...it sounded too good to be true...
So I called back again right after hanging up, and left my name with vehicle asking for a call the next day...
Its two days later and I still have no call...they gave me 90 day window tag...I bought the car 3/23/18 so 90 days up 6/23/18.... I just reviewed some legal websites who say until I have title, there are no obligations to me, and I can get refund.... It kind of sucks that I got this truck I was jonsin for, have now put $$$ into it for mods/ maintenance, and shes coming aling smooth and almost there, but now may have to sue dealer for refund, plus parts, and lawyer fees, etc.

I will keep you posted...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Trying to add it up so far.....
$4721 Cash paid for car and processing. $348 maita oil leak. $10 spare tire tool. Maita $8 hub bolt. $50 autogator wheel spare. $140 wheels. $330 lce performance short shifter, intake, oil gaskets. Maita pad pedal $15 + interior screws $12. Mats steering wheel cover $26 tognottis. Maita hood cushion + grille clips $25. $60 for headlights and tirn signals clear. $30 belts. $160 seats.$40 seatbelts. $443 tires. $80 mount. $20 battery cable.

I count $6518....

I really only wanted header, supercharger, and tighten up suspension... Maybe armor...
I hope to get the title over a return.

Last edited:

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So I drafted this 10 day legal demand letter this am, then decided to stop by the dealer. Guy at the window says I'd have to wait for Kathy or kristi the ladies who do the paperwork. I left my number on a buisness card again. I will likely have to send the letter registered and certifed with return receipts, if no call back.

Last edited:

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
I heard mothimg, and ended up calling DMV. Got transferred three times, but the long and short of it is, they have failed to produce, and per DMV have done nothing at this point. I made a complaint with the better buisness bureau, and called dept of consumer affairs, but they said call dmv investigations unit as its their jurisdiction.... Called them and they said fill out inv 172a.... I downloaded pdf but its nom fillable so will fill out tonight and then turn it in tommorrow with supporting docs and possibly this build thread as proof....

I sent the letter certified at the usps, they should get it friday.... Hopefully it will make them think over the weekend.

If they think they are going to sell me a $6500 lawn ornament and then shut down and relocate, they got the wrong one.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Sounds like they already did Good Luck!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, sounds like Sumting Wong with all this.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So, no return calls. Went down there on way to work. Saw the guy who sold me car who said have to talk with KristI. A girl there says "she said she is going to dmv next week", which was irrelevant. Another guy started to explain "see what it is is dmv...."I cut him off "dmv said you have done nothing." He said "attitude will get you nowhere"...look what the $4700 and 3 months of goodwill got me, with several unrerurned calls and dismissive line staff. The guy who sold me the car lonnie I think was there, and I let him know at this point it's pretty much going to be legal moving forward. I encouraged him to have his boss call me to make me whole in the transaction and emphasiszed I will go to the ends ofthe earth over this... He said he would let her know.
Tommorrow I plan to go to dmv investigations, and then possibly small claims court to file.

Last edited:

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Yesterday I made more color copies of receipts, dealer paperwork, and dmv paperwork, and filled out dmv investigations complaint forms...then went to post office to certified mail it...

At this point, I have contacted BBB, mailed a 10 day demand letter cert to dealer. I dont think they will be able to produce the title from them in 10 days, as dmv says they have done nothing so far, after almost three months.

So I sent the dmv dealer investigations unit who is over dept of consumer affairs for dealer fraud. I am asking for full refund of $6518 roughly invested, and they can take the keys....figuring it will take at least the 10 days for dmv to get to it...

The gameplan is either I get me title in 10 days, or dmv gets $6518 back for me, or after that if no compliance from dealer, I lawyer up.

Sux people cant just do the right thing. Drove the truck to west sac yesterday and picked up an eliptical machine and the truck ran great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128