98 Sierra AC blows...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yo. I bought this 1998 GMC Sierra with 2xx,*** miles for 1500 bucks. Got a newer engine, but dead cylinder, runs great though. Had a massive coolant leak through the intake, fixed that. New carrier bearing. New tires, rear shocks. Had it being used as a cheap service truck for 4 or 5 months, then took all the **** off of it and put my material runner/purchaser in it. He knocked the ball joint out of it. So now since I don't have time for mechanics anymore, its at a local shop getting tie rods, ball joints, front shocks, etc.

Its a good old truck. Just ordered new interior door handles for the thing cause they are broke and you have to lower the window to open the door from the outside. If and when the engine blows I'll drop another one in. Need to have the hood and roof painted.

Question is about the AC. It blows cold, just not hard. Looks to have a new blower, there's no cabin air filter according to online but I did pull the blower and check for trash up inside. Clear. What could be keeping this thing from blowing hard? Or do these OBS trucks just not push a lot of air? Hell my 85 square blows 3 times as hard.

Thanks for any tips

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Is it dumping air somewhere else? It might be the blend/mode door actuator or part of the linkage that attaches to it. Did you have a chance to see the evaporator core? Those can get clogged up on those.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have 94 with similar issue, just does not blow very hard. Must be one of the blend doors. Most of the actuators are visable under the dash

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Are you hearing all fan speeds? As in High, medium, and low or High, medium High, medium Low, and Low? I think it's a 4 speed isn't it? It's not the Dual Climate Control system right? I don't think that was available until the GMT800 series trucks. :shrug: Just wanting to make sure the fan isn't blowing in Low or Medium Low only and not getting to High. To test that, you could just hook a hot wire from the battery direct to the fan blower and see if the speed is any faster or blows any harder. If it does, then you've found the problem, now you'll just have to figure out why.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8