91 Suburban Cluster Temp Gauge?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was taking pics of my 91 Burb Cluster to get it ready to post for sale. I noticed the damn Temp gauge is C and H instead of 100 210 280 marked degrees. Anyone know if there was 2 different temp gauges used in 91 or has someone swapped this gauge? I know it worked because remember, this burb had a bad water pump and blown head gasket. I drove it keeping an eye on the gauge so I knew when it was time to shut it down. I only drove it a few miles, but the gauge seemed quite accurate. It ran normal temp til it got warmed up, then BOOM gauge would start to climb and I'd shut it down. :shrug:

There's 3 of these on ebay, $225, $250 and $350. I'm not expecting near those prices since I know the Trip odo needs some work, lube or replacement but damn, now I noticed this ****.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was taking pics of my 91 Burb Cluster to get it ready to post for sale. I noticed the damn Temp gauge is C and H instead of 100 210 280 marked degrees. Anyone know if there was 2 different temp gauges used in 91 or has someone swapped this gauge? I know it worked because remember, this burb had a bad water pump and blown head gasket. I drove it keeping an eye on the gauge so I knew when it was time to shut it down. I only drove it a few miles, but the gauge seemed quite accurate. It ran normal temp til it got warmed up, then BOOM gauge would start to climb and I'd shut it down. :shrug:

There's 3 of these on ebay, $225, $250 and $350. I'm not expecting near those prices since I know the Trip odo needs some work, lube or replacement but damn, now I noticed this ****.

My 87 is numbers

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking that gauge has been swapped out. So I'll need to swap it out with the period correct Temp Gauge to sell it. If those guys are listing for $225, $250 and $350, I'm hoping to get $150 shipping included in lower 48.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm thinking that gauge has been swapped out. So I'll need to swap it out with the period correct Temp Gauge to sell it. If those guys are listing for $225, $250 and $350, I'm hoping to get $150 shipping included in lower 48.
Didn't realize they brought that much.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi

Hotrod I have a 91 cluster in my 86 and all of it works but the speedo . so what do you want for it as it is I have the right temp gauge for it

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm pretty certain I have the correct gauge in storage if I'd just get in there and be able to find it. But that'll be like finding a needle in a hay stack and why I've not been able to find many other items. Otherwise, only other thing I know to be wrong with this one is the trip odo needs to worked on so it can reset. PM me some kind of reasonable fair offer and see if it works. I was hoping to hold onto this one, but in need of cash. Story of my life. Selling all my good **** and keeping just enough to get the K10/K20 project off the ground.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
My 91 Burb has numbers, but it is the trailer special with the big block and is a Silverado. The gauge you have may be for a plainwrap or it could have been replaced from an earlier base model truck

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
All the available aftermarket reproduction temp gauges look like that.. They're spec'd to fit '73 - '87.. But I know for a fact that when using one of these gauges, something has to be done about the sending unit also.. My '91 Burb had a 350 small block, didn't have the "trailer package" and had numbered gauges.. My '99 burb was also a small block but had the "trailer package, and numbered gauges.. Go figure???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990