91 gmc r3500 ls swap 4l80e question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kovdad

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
r3500
Engine Size
Hey I'm trying to get my ducks in a row I have a 91 gmc r3500 with a 6.2 and I recently replaced the transmission it had a 4l80e and I put a modern 4l80e into it but this summer I am planning on doing a ls swap and I'm wondering what I do as far as the transmission from what I read the ls computer will control the transmission do I just plug it in or what do I have to do and also do I have to change the torque converter? I have found confusing information about the converter. thanks I searched for a bit but I cant seem to find the information I am looking for

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Depends on what you are swapping from. If you get a 6.0 from 4l80e equipped vehicle then plug and play, if from 4l60e then need repin and segment swap on the computer. With correct flexplate current torque converter will work, might have to add a spacer like 6.0 motors used. But being a diesel will actually need a gasser torque converter unless you are currently running a wrong converter for a diesel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84