86 K10 5.3 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
There one table where one sets the values. Column labels are units of kPa pressure. My table came with 24.1 all the way across and I just changed the entire table to 50.0

dougbert

Thx Doug. Tuner is telling me I won't tell a difference between the stock/larger injectors with me being stock. He did say it was an awesome deal and he's gonna order some.....and gives you thanks. He also said if any of my injectors are bad, yeh do the swap.....otherwise hold em for another day. Can't vouch for him, but it mostly agrees with whats on the web. He said if they sit a while they could get clogged, dried up and such....so I may end up using them.

Gonna look into cleaning injectors as i have access to an ultrasonic cleaner at work.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Note to self: Future gauges wanted....way down the road after body. Will require newer style gauges custom cut/configured to fit existing location. lol like I said, way down the road. Custom meaning taking a cluster I like and actually moving gauges around exactly where I want them. There's a guy in Mt Vernon near me that knows a lot about newer chevy gauges.

Dash Gauges wanted/configured
Speed Big
Tach Big
Fuel Level Priority 1
Oil Pressure Priority 1
Voltage Priority 1
Fuel Pressure Priority 2
Oil Temperature Priority 2
Trans Temperature Priority 2
A/F Ratio Priority 3
Amps Priority 3

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Note to self: Future gauges wanted....way down the road after body. Will require newer style gauges custom cut/configured to fit existing location. lol like I said, way down the road. Custom meaning taking a cluster I like and actually moving gauges around exactly where I want them. There's a guy in Mt Vernon near me that knows a lot about newer chevy gauges.

Dash Gauges wanted/configured
Speed Big
Tach Big
Fuel Level Priority 1
Oil Pressure Priority 1
Voltage Priority 1
Fuel Pressure Priority 2
Oil Temperature Priority 2
Trans Temperature Priority 2
A/F Ratio Priority 3
Amps Priority 3
Careful on the Amps gauge. Make sure it's of good quality. I've heard of stories where cheap Amp gauges have burnt cars to the ground.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thanks, didn't know that. I guess I could possibly use the hot wire as a DC shunt and use a volt meter. lol never mind, we'll worry about that when the time comes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I almost joined the dark side.....my buddy at the recycler said we got a 03ish 2500 Chevy in I'm like sweet 6.0 and a 4L80 well it was a 1500 and 5.3 and it was smashed to ****. I have a look orkings with the owner stuff gets weighed when I take it out and weighed when I bring it back and I pay the difference. I did score a cable throttle body and upper harness from a 6.0.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Anyone ever use this on plastic? Doesnt say harmful to plastic like some of their other stuff does. Thought I'd ask. If it doesnt clean the inside of the intake I'll roll with it the way it is....last ditch effort before I slap some paint on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
It is in a plastic bottle...

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
lol right...I thought the same thing. But the other zep stuff that said no to plastic.....was in a plastic bottle. Found the link below shortly after posting yesterday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I wonder if there's much difference in composition to the purple power stuff. I'll have to give the Zep a try when I get to degreasing my truck engine.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I like the Zep stuff but I do know you don't put Castrol super clean on polished aluminum........that was a 10 hour mistake. It ate fight into the polished lowers on my Harley and after hours of wet sanding and polishing that **** went in the trash.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I like the Zep stuff but I do know you don't put Castrol super clean on polished aluminum........that was a 10 hour mistake. It ate fight into the polished lowers on my Harley and after hours of wet sanding and polishing that **** went in the trash.

Did something similar to my wheels on this. Had to use some major elbow grease to get them to look normal. I'd hosed everything down really well after each attempt with this and that. Came out to the truck the next day and the front brakes were locked...had to goose the hell out of it to break them free. I'll never clean the wheels, with stuff like this, while on the truck ever again lol.

Well I tried the ZEP, and like in the video, some of the pastic turned a little white in color. Only on the outside though, probably because when I rinsed it, I was more worried about the inside. According to the video, soap/water will wash it off.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Did something similar to my wheels on this. Had to use some major elbow grease to get them to look normal. I'd hosed everything down really well after each attempt with this and that. Came out to the truck the next day and the front brakes were locked...had to goose the hell out of it to break them free. I'll never clean the wheels, with stuff like this, while on the truck ever again lol.

Well I tried the ZEP, and like in the video, some of the pastic turned a little white in color. Only on the outside though, probably because when I rinsed it, I was more worried about the inside. According to the video, soap/water will wash it off.
Good deal. Did it down what you wanted it to?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
yeh it broke up the "caked" oil that I could see inside that I couldn't reach. Wish I'd taken a before pic for comparison. I'll hit it again tomorrow one more time and slap up a pic of the inside. I'll mix up a couple gallons and use the handheld yard sprayer.

[update] after looking closer, it didn't get it all....and taking a good focused pic of it is damn near impossible. Way better than what it was though.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Got her as clean as I'm gonna get it. Mini pressure washer and another spray of zep purple did it....no more caked on oil.

Went ahead and primed it as well. Got a little heavy on one runner as i now have three runs to sand down before i paint.....kind of fond of the primer color though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg