82 swb 2/4 or 3/4 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared collard

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 1/2 ton
Engine Size
5.7 350
I have a 1982 c10 1/2 ton pickup that I want to lower with drop shackles and hangers in the rear 4”. Should I lower the front 2” or 3” with drop spindles to make it all level?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
What size are the wheels? You shouldn't have inner wheel clearance issues with a 2" drop spindle and 15" wheels, but you will have clearance issues with 3" drop spindles if the offset isn't enough. I opted to swap out my 15" rally oem wheels for a 20" wheel in order to eliminate clearance issues between the lower control arm and the inner lip of the wheel. Some people decide to notch the lower control arm in order to "force fit" and add clearance, but there is a right way and a hack way.

It's a personal choice, but I prefer to have my truck sit level. Back before I bagged the truck (1984 short bed conversion)....I had a 5 inch front and 7 rear static drop with 3" springs, 2" spindles....axle flip, 3"hangers and a mini notch. I decided to bag the truck because I wanted it to sit on the ground at shows and have height adjustability for driving.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Maybe I'm weird but I like to have the same distance between the fender and tire front and back 1"-2" is my personal preference, nobody likes it, oh well, lol..

You must be registered for see images attach

Jared collard

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 1/2 ton
Engine Size
5.7 350
What size are the wheels? You shouldn't have inner wheel clearance issues with a 2" drop spindle and 15" wheels, but you will have clearance issues with 3" drop spindles if the offset isn't enough. I opted to swap out my 15" rally oem wheels for a 20" wheel in order to eliminate clearance issues between the lower control arm and the inner lip of the wheel. Some people decide to notch the lower control arm in order to "force fit" and add clearance, but there is a right way and a hack way.

It's a personal choice, but I prefer to have my truck sit level. Back before I bagged the truck (1984 short bed conversion)....I had a 5 inch front and 7 rear static drop with 3" springs, 2" spindles....axle flip, 3"hangers and a mini notch. I decided to bag the truck because I wanted it to sit on the ground at shows and have height adjustability for driving.

They are 15". so 2” drop spindles will work with them, but 3” will not currently...AND, will 2” make it level or will I need to measure body lines to figure that out for myself

Last edited:

Jared collard

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 1/2 ton
Engine Size
5.7 350
Cool thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk