75 Power brake booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pibe_tuerca

Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello i bought a couple of month ago a 75 custom deluxe. 6L 250 with TH350, she didnt run from 2001. one day of work and now she is running, before i change all the fluids before and after the first run. Before do a test drive i check the brakes and the master cylinder is dead and the boosteer is blowing inside doing a nice "swooshhh" so i suppouse that the brake fluid distroy the inner diaphragm.
Time to buy spares, here come the question, how i know the type of booster that i have? JB3, JB5? please help. Attached pictures of the booster and brakes.

PD: the front disc 11" and rear drums 2"

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Go ahead and check your glovebox for an RPO sticker. The JB* brake code should be there.

Pibe_tuerca

Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks but the sticker of my truck it's partially destroyed as you can see in the picture. that's because i am asking how can i know wich type of booster and brakes i have.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My '75 GMC has J55 code for the heavy duty power brakes, and its on the left half of the sticker. All the HD options on my Camper Special seem to be listed on the left side (brakes, battery, stabilizer bar, etc.).

I installed a new brake booster and master cylinder about 6 months ago. However, the 3/4 ton K25 does not have choices of JB3 or JB5 for boosters so NAPA had no difficulty determining what I needed. It all matched up and worked fine.

I looked through the GM shop manual and it does not explain how to differentiate between JB3 and JB5 boosters. However, this link may be helpful to determine what you has from the factory. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=209390

Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robo