73-87 Battery Group size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
My 78 C20 has an old econo power battery in it and I have no idea the group size. It is about 10.25''x7x7
but it has the terminals on top. Whenever I type in my truck to an auto parts website or the interstate website, it says I need a 75 group size and once it said 78. What is the actual group size I need? I'm worried my cables won't fit on the side terminals. Do the batteries with terminals on the side need a different type of cable connector? I have no idea what group size I need. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My 78 c10 has a side post group 78 in it with no issues. Its a napa legend 1050CA

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
They also make adapters that screw into side post to use your current terminals on it

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
They also make adapters that screw into side post to use your current terminals on it
So I'd need to buy one of those? What do they look like?

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
My 78 C20 has an old econo power battery in it and I have no idea the group size. It is about 10.25''x7x7
but it has the terminals on top. Whenever I type in my truck to an auto parts website or the interstate website, it says I need a 75 group size and once it said 78. What is the actual group size I need? I'm worried my cables won't fit on the side terminals. Do the batteries with terminals on the side need a different type of cable connector? I have no idea what group size I need. Thanks.

the battery you are using has adapters on it with original side post cables. just get an original style side post battery and get rid of the adapters.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
the battery you are using has adapters on it with original side post cables. just get an original style side post battery and get rid of the adapters.
True. I didnt notice that! So yea then just unscrew the top connectors and screw it into a new side post battery

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That was really helpful. That makes it a lot easier. I was getting really overwhelmed by all the different sizes and types. I'm just gonna get an interstate MTP-75 then and I'll just install it myself. I need to replace my battery tray anyway so it's better if I can do both things at the same time. The part comes tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HectorGarcia415