67 Chevelle ls conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
What’s with all the bike purses? Lol

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another project I have to wrap up before I get too deep into the Chevelle. My 95 Impala SS is on jack stands getting all new brakes and braided lines along with a front suspension update. Brakes are done except for bleeding the lines.
You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have another project I have to wrap up before I get too deep into the Chevelle. My 95 Impala SS is on jack stands getting all new brakes and braided lines along with a front suspension update. Brakes are done except for bleeding the lines.
You suck that’s my favorite color of them lol

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You suck that’s my favorite color of them lol

Mine too. I love black but don’t have the patience to keep a black car clean. Dark Cherry isn’t much better but I was sold on it when I saw it. Owned this one since new, 207,000 miles and still gets comments in parking lots and gas stations.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this is a square body forum I thought I should add a pic of my 85 that I hope will benefit from my Chevelle build in the future. I assembled the .030 over 350 in my car now and it doesn’t have 3000 miles on it but I was getting some blow by out the valve cover breather so I’m guessing I didn’t gap the rings correctly but if felt pretty strong 20 years ago, much stronger than the 305 in the truck now. Still sporting the cap and running boards from the 80’s.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Thought about ls swapping one for a dd.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it too, especially if I were looking to up the hp a significant amount. Lot of people poo poo the lt1 in these cars because of the opti-spark but I have had reasonably good luck. Most problematic part has been the water pumps, I have replaced 3 in 207k miles. Replaced the opti in mine once @ 132k miles. I have my original cleaned up and ready to go if I need to change out down the line. When my lt1 finally lays down on me I may revisit the ls swap idea.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ve been gone from home more than I have been there and have had a head cold for almost 2 weeks so no garage time. Have been thinking about all I need to do and the priority of each. I did pull a pic off the internet that shows all the parts that came with the kit I bought for the ls1 Ian going to use. The key is the water pump housing. If you look you will notice there are no other brackets to install to hang the alternator, power steering pump, or air conditioner compressor, they all mount to the water pump casting. For this reason the water pump is serviced by a replaceable impeller cartridge that makes servicing much easier. The system really packages everything tight to the front of the engine and should give me excellent clearance in the Chevelle.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well I’ve been gone from home more than I have been there and have had a head cold for almost 2 weeks so no garage time. Have been thinking about all I need to do and the priority of each. I did pull a pic off the internet that shows all the parts that came with the kit I bought for the ls1 Ian going to use. The key is the water pump housing. If you look you will notice there are no other brackets to install to hang the alternator, power steering pump, or air conditioner compressor, they all mount to the water pump casting. For this reason the water pump is serviced by a replaceable impeller cartridge that makes servicing much easier. The system really packages everything tight to the front of the engine and should give me excellent clearance in the Chevelle.
That’s purdy and looks expensive.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion it’s all expensive. Somebody in their right mind and totally rational would not even consider doing something like this. Of course if you saw some recent auction prices for Chevelle’s you might think it’s a great investment. I don’t expect to recover any money on this deal, I’m just hoping my 2 year old grandsons will have a interest in cars and be able to enjoy them( my Chevelle and Corvette) when I’m gone.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have come to the conclusion it’s all expensive. Somebody in their right mind and totally rational would not even consider doing something like this. Of course if you saw some recent auction prices for Chevelle’s you might think it’s a great investment. I don’t expect to recover any money on this deal, I’m just hoping my 2 year old grandsons will have a interest in cars and be able to enjoy them( my Chevelle and Corvette) when I’m gone.
Rock on!!!!:waytogo: I wasn’t saying anything bad about it. It looks compact and tidy. And isn’t all flashy looking I think that looks like ass. It clutters everything up .IMO

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today is the first time in 2 months that two things have lined up. The weather was great and I was home too. Garage is a mess and I tried to make a dent in it today with some success. I also dragged out the mowers, and 4 wheeler and made sure they would all start which they did.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8