6 Bolt Front Axle Hub Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChazNV

Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So I'm not sure if I'm using the right terms but I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the front axle hub on a 1980 Chevy K10. I bought some aftermarket wheels and adapters and they fit on the rear but not on the front because I forgot I had the manual locking axle hub shaft thing sticking out. I just got the truck a couple weeks ago though so I'm still learning what I actually have and don't have lol. Anyways, I'm gonna have a custom wheel shop rebore the wheels a few millimeters but was wondering how much I should ask for? The wheels are so, so close to fitting on. It fit over the locking part but then there is a small lip that it just doesn't fit over. Thanks.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
How odd. Sounds like they sold you the wrong set of wheels for your truck. I wonder if they're a metric size for newer vehicles. If so, make certain the lug spacing is correct, not just close enough to center. If the lugs don't sit in the taper for each correctly, you may end up having a difficult time keeping the wheels on.

As an afterthought, are these wheels by chance for a newer chevy 4x4? After they went to the GMT400 platform, I seem to recall that the wheels they used had a smaller center opening because they no longer had a hub to fit over

ChazNV

Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How odd. Sounds like they sold you the wrong set of wheels for your truck. I wonder if they're a metric size for newer vehicles. If so, make certain the lug spacing is correct, not just close enough to center. If the lugs don't sit in the taper for each correctly, you may end up having a difficult time keeping the wheels on.

As an afterthought, are these wheels by chance for a newer chevy 4x4? After they went to the GMT400 platform, I seem to recall that the wheels they used had a smaller center opening because they no longer had a hub to fit over

I actually bought them from a friend who used them for 2 months then switched over to a different set of wheels so the weren't originally for my truck. Thats why I got the wheel adapters though. I couldn't pass them up as they were a really good deal.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Ahh, I see. Hopefully one of the members with a half ton will chime in with a measurement. All I've got on hand are k20/k30 wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahara