4l80 mvb stuck in 2nd gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Column shifter in "D" and toggle switches.

Cool !!! You did use toggle switches right? You didn't go through your house I hope and rob light switches out of your bedrooms like Hillbilly Bob did in that video. I cracked the hell up when I seen that mess. :gathering:

80goldenburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
'68 cad 472
Cool !!! You did use toggle switches right? You didn't go through your house I hope and rob light switches out of your bedrooms like Hillbilly Bob did in that video. I cracked the hell up when I seen that mess. :gathering:

i spent a whopping..........$2.77 on those light switches (pictured) mounted on the cardboard box. No i did not feel like gettin zapped by removing switches from the house :Grenade::rofl:

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
After checking, it looks you can try going back to previous set up, but keep pressure control connected and see if it will let you use the shifter to shift without messing with the switches. Other would be using a floor shifter with micro switches. That way the shifter selects the right shift solenoids.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i spent a whopping..........$2.77 on those light switches (pictured) mounted on the cardboard box. No i did not feel like gettin zapped by removing switches from the house :Grenade::rofl:

So you really did :grd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k