454 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cisco8604

Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Truck Year
1986 1977
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 455
I have a 454 3999288 4 bolt main 353049 heads it was recently machined .40 over I'm wanting a voodoo cam. Anyone out there have any suggestions I have edelbrock 650 cfm. Dish top pistons I really want 600 hp I just need more help any suggestions I thought about doing a stroker 496

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
With either good flowing head high compression and big cam or boost via a blower. For 600hp can step up to a bigger carb too

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Also would be good to know your budget. With the heads you have, easiest path to 600hp would be a blower with about 9.5:1 compression on the motor.
I have been down that path with my camaro and was pretty happy with it. Ran a 750 carb if I remember correctly

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Turbo. Blowers are so parasitic.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I pulled 486flbs and 483hp at the dyno on pump gas 9-1 cp 280hr cam same heads ported as big as they go I imagine with the stroker a lil more compression and some more octane wouldnt be hard number to reach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If he really has dished pistons with the 049's he's already setup for a blower.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Or a turbo.......you old timers like that leach sitting up there on top don't you? Lmao.
Nothing wrong with turbos, I'm working on one now with a good friend of mine(engine builder)getting a customer's boat ready for a ski race coming up next week, and they're great for dual purpose. BUT, there's nothing like a blower for that instant power, or the sound for that matter. :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nothing wrong with turbos, I'm working on one now with a good friend of mine(engine builder)getting a customer's boat ready for a ski race coming up next week, and they're great for dual purpose. BUT, there's nothing like a blower for that instant power, or the sound for that matter. :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The sound of a pair of twin 88s spooled Up are the things dreams are made of lol. I get the sound of a blower with a gear drive lol. But yes the are nice to look at but not very stealthy tho.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The sound of a pair of twin 88s spooled Up are the things dreams are made of lol. I get the sound of a blower with a gear drive lol. But yes the are nice to look at but not very stealthy tho.
That is the blower belt sound not a gear drive, lol.. Not stealthy, matter of opinion, lol..:D

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That is the blower belt sound not a gear drive, lol.. Not stealthy, matter of opinion, lol..:D
I can duplicate the blower sound with a gear driven timing set geez I didn't think I had to spell it out lol.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I can duplicate the blower sound with a gear driven timing set geez I didn't think I had to spell it out lol.
********, noisy gear drive does NOT sound like a blower, it sounds like a phuckin irritating noisy gear drive... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC