4" rough country all spring lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
My blazer had 6' rough countries on it when I got it , I pitched everything off it , shocks , springs , sway bar , all steering and ordered new skyjacker 8" springs all around with hydro shocks. When the springs got here I cut all the centering pins off and got longer ones , then ran them through new one inch blocks all around so I am a 9" lift. This is my off road rig so it gets worked hard and the 40's are to big for off roading , they would hit hard flexed out so I only use them for mud. The 38's are perfect with a nine , my fenders are cut a little and the 38's roll right up in there. The 40's are all good on the street and mud runs but thats all. I also am cross over steering and that makes it drive really nice down the road.

Anyway you may need more lift for 40's if you like to go wheeling.

You must be registered for see images attach

What bumper are you running on the front of your Blazer? My current bumper doubles as an air tank, and frankly, its visual appeal has just worn off. I plan to build a separate air tank and mount it up under the truck along the passenger side frame rail, but I am looking for new bumper ideas...

Sorry for the thread derail OP.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
home made front and rear . Made the lower part first then added some round stock afterwards , still working on the swing out tire and gas can set up for the rear.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Here is a pic of the rear , still working on it.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Sending you a PM so I don't continue to clog up this thread with an unrelated topic...

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Off topic:
Sending you a PM so I don't continue to clog up this thread with an unrelated topic...
Can also check out RLC Welding (he's been on pirate4x4 for a long while) or at his website http://www.rlcweldfab.com/collectio...m-winch-bumper-for-chevy-gmc-trucks-1973-1987

He'll make just about anything you want, but the one he consistently makes looks pretty good on our trucks.

Back on topic, here's a list of available springs through Summit Racing (k10 with either 52's or 56's) and their stated spring rates.

Front springs:

Rear Springs

Obviously the higher the rate, the more weight they'll hold without sagging, but the trade off is that they'll be stiffer when you aren't hauling anything.

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bought a basket case 1984 K20 that I'm rebuilding. I put the rough country 4" kit on it and I swear the front leaf spring pack has made it a 6-8" lift, not 4"! Stupidly i didn't think to get a measurement off of some point on the body for a reference but I may have to pull a leaf or two out get the truck to sit level.

Vic_v8

Reaction score
First Name
victor
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Tuff Country for sure has the softest riding springs.

My 84 when it was still a K10. sbc and rode as good as my buddy's newer SD.

My 88 with 5.3 LS swap and 60/14.

Tys234

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did you do the LS swap yourself? Is there a kit for a 4x4 now?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Bought a basket case 1984 K20 that I'm rebuilding. I put the rough country 4" kit on it and I swear the front leaf spring pack has made it a 6-8" lift, not 4"! Stupidly i didn't think to get a measurement off of some point on the body for a reference but I may have to pull a leaf or two out get the truck to sit level.

If you still have stock condition fenders, you can measure from the middle of the axle to the center of the wheel well opening and compare with someone with stock suspension.

stlbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
bobby
Truck Year
91'
Truck Model
k3500 4x4 Burban'
Engine Size
depending on where you live.A lot of times there are places local that can make your spring paks for you.We have St.Louis Spring here and i have dealt with them for years thru the shops i have run.I just went to them told them what i was building..BBC custom HVY front bumper and they got it right on the first try,most times these kind of shops will work with you if its just not right.They stood by their stuff and its nice to deal local..

paulmorton

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Hi anyone know of a lift kit that'd work with my 84 6.2 K30? Everyone I've seen says not for diesel's?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Hi anyone know of a lift kit that'd work with my 84 6.2 K30? Everyone I've seen says not for diesel's?
You'd just need a set that has a heavy spring rate in the front for the extra weight.

I'd think the 6.2 diesels weigh about the same as a big block chevy.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I spoke to a few lift company's and most said they don't recommend there systems for big blocks. To much weight most beat around the bush Super Lift straight up said no, thier stuff is for more or less look at me lift. Rough Country said it may sag an inch after 3 years or so. I went with RC ion my big block creation. Everyone says RC springs are stiff I guess I will see how stiff they are with a BB.If they sad I will throw in an easy inch or another leaf.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You'd just need a set that has a heavy spring rate in the front for the extra weight.

I'd think the 6.2 diesels weigh about the same as a big block chevy.

From what i've been reading about mine, they're almost 100 lbs more than the big block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey