4" rear blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gs82

Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
Just installing a 4" bds kit w/rear blocks, I had a friend tell me to remove the stock blocks that are bolted to the stock rear springs but it seems to me that would only achieve and 2-1/2" lift as the new blocks are only 4". Should I not be stacking the new ones below the old ones?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just installing a 4" bds kit w/rear blocks, I had a friend tell me to remove the stock blocks that are bolted to the stock rear springs but it seems to me that would only achieve and 2-1/2" lift as the new blocks are only 4". Should I not be stacking the new ones below the old ones?

Trucks didn't come with blocks from the factory. If you have blocks already then somebody put them there.

With that said NO do not stack blocks and you are probably going to need longer ubolts as well.

gs82

Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
Ok thanks. Ya I was pretty sure that stacking is a complete no no. It had some little 2" blocks bolted through the springs. Even if I remove these and install my 4" blocks I'll need longer u-bolts cause the ones they shipped with this kit are 12"x 3-5/8" and they don't even reach the top of the leaf. It had square u-bolts with the plate under the axle, the bds ones are round but didn't come with a plate for the top

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok thanks. Ya I was pretty sure that stacking is a complete no no. It had some little 2" blocks bolted through the springs. Even if I remove these and install my 4" blocks I'll need longer u-bolts cause the ones they shipped with this kit are 12"x 3-5/8" and they don't even reach the top of the leaf. It had square u-bolts with the plate under the axle, the bds ones are round but didn't come with a plate for the top

:Insane::whymewhyme:

Square ubolts? 2" bolted THROUGH the springs? What has been done to the front? It almost sounds like they were trying it a very wrong way to level out the back end?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
If you have the plates that go underneath you can retro fit the newer square style bolts with out any issues. Its just a matter of having all the pieces. And the correct width of plate and u bolt.

Some people swear that the newer style with the plate on the bottom fastens the spring to the axle more securely. Dunno if its true or not.

gs82

Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
Ya I just looked at my buddy's 2010 2500. Same u-bolts and plates. Not sure that the leafs are stock (it's got 9 leaves) just ordered some 14"x 2-1/2"x 5/8" u-bra should do the trick. Front looked stock to me.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya I just looked at my buddy's 2010 2500. Same u-bolts and plates. Not sure that the leafs are stock (it's got 9 leaves) just ordered some 14"x 2-1/2"x 5/8" u-bra should do the trick. Front looked stock to me.

You cant retro the front at least on the passenger side because the U bolts wrap around the pumpkin

gs82

Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
No the front is all good. New springs and u-bolts fit fine. It was just the rear blocks I was having an issue with. I guess I assumed the rear springs were stock.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
well they might have been. I ran 1" blocks and ran a bolt through the block and the entire spring pack to make it one piece then bolted it down and that is absolutely fine to do. Absolutely no safety issues. in fact its safer than just throwing blocks under the springs.

How ever I would not recommend doing that past say 1 1/2" of added block. With 4" blocks just slide them under the spring and run your u bolts over the whole assembly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26