4 link pics Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wracks81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
no limit engineering has them now for squares.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Front four link bracket welded to frame...

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Rear four link bracket welded to axle...

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Four link bars...all adjusted to the exact same length, parallel to the ground and set to desired ride height. Panhard bar was also welded across the backside of rear axle...once again parallel at ride height

Btw....the mini notch in this pic was removed and a new bridge/upper bag mount was fabricated and installed in its place. I also double checked the frame and with the mini notch in place....it was out of level by 3/4" on the passenger side. Its a good idea to check the frame at this point. The p.o. obviously didnt verify that the frame rails were dead even and level when he cut the mini notch in place.

new bridge installed, bags inflated, and all wires and rear brake lines re routed out of harms way.

Not pictured.....After the new bridge was installed, I also used some cold rolled steel sheet (12 gauge) was used to box the open parts of the frame on both sides of the bridge to reinforce the oem frame. Some excess steel from the frame was also trimmed back to clean up the areas that now allow added room for the axle.

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Check all of your measurements BEFORE final welding. I adjusted all of the four link bars to the exact same length, installed them into the brackets (front and rear) with the hardware hand tight. The axle was kept at the desired ride height using some old u bolts tack welded to the frame to keep the pinion agle and the axle centered BEFORE tack welding all of the brackets in place. Once the four links were in place, set the brackets for the panhard bar as well. My panhard bar was mounted to the drivers side of the axle...it runs across the differential cover and the other bracket was welded to the passenger side fram...once again Parallel to the axle at ride height (very important ). The longer the panhard bar, the less arc during suspension travel.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
All of these parts used for the fourlink were purchased at Switch Suspension in Phoenix, Az.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84