350 Vortec, or 5.3/6.0 pullout wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A friend of mine just lost the motor in his '99 Burb and he's looking for something to get it going again. He's in central Ohio and looking for something in that area. Vortec 350 or a complete 5.3 or 6.0 will get the job done. Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
These guys can hook him up, I don't think Fairmont WV would be too far away.
http://www.pickupcity.com/

I know you've mentioned those guys before. I think they are even bookmarked on my work laptop. I'll let him know about them, he might not ever have enough time to drive that far though. I'd guess it's about 4 hours each way for him. From your area, he's about 35 minutes farther than me.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I will never understand the desire for an LS engine.

I have one good reason to consider them, the window lickers that shouldn't be working on engines don't know anything about them, cant work on them and dont like them. The sbc in my truck on the other hand they replaced the 7/16-20 bolt for the balancer with a 1/2-13 grade 3 they had laying around. If it requires going to LS to get away from that kind of work it might be worth it.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
They are pretty damn common in my area, and generally 500 and under if he want's to make a trip to Central/West Michigan.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have one good reason to consider them, the window lickers that shouldn't be working on engines don't know anything about them, cant work on them and dont like them. The sbc in my truck on the other hand they replaced the 7/16-20 bolt for the balancer with a 1/2-13 grade 3 they had laying around. If it requires going to LS to get away from that kind of work it might be worth it.
Oh believe you me there are plenty of window lickers messing with LS engines too. A few paste eaters too.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Oh believe you me there are plenty of window lickers messing with LS engines too. A few paste eaters too.

I have three currently lol. They're like lego's, don't need to know a thing to put one together :badger_1:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have three currently lol. They're like lego's, don't need to know a thing to put one together :badger_1:
I hope you didn’t think I was referring to you lol I’ve seen plenty of short bus riders messing with them YouTube is loaded with them lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The LS generation is a fine engine. I just disagree with all the people that think an LS swap is easy and cheap and also the ones that think you can't build an sb1 to be efficient and dead nuts reliable too. The fact that everyone and their brother seems to be LS swapping doesn't bother me one bit, they are a good engine after all. And as Honky mentioned, it's bringing down the cost of the older stuff.

At any rate, when I talked to my buddy yesterday, he was working on a deal involving a complete '99 Silverado with a rusted and broken frame to use as a donor.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I hope you didn’t think I was referring to you lol I’ve seen plenty of short bus riders messing with them YouTube is loaded with them lol

Not at all lol, but I do tend to go on the duct tape and bailing wire side of things lol. I mean, to each his own.

At any rate, when I talked to my buddy yesterday, he was working on a deal involving a complete '99 Silverado with a rusted and broken frame to use as a donor.

I figured that would be just as easy in Ohio as it is here lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84