350 idle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea I buy mine from advance. I just bought one a couple months ago. That's how I know they don't come with a gasket, not the weiand/holley I bought anyways. I used the old one and modified it to fit my 88.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Make/CHEVROLET/?keyword=egr+block+off&Ns=Price|Asc

the weiand 9007 is what I used and should be what you guys need, if you aint sure post up a pic of your egr off the intake so I can see how it's made and I'll let you know which is the right one for you.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-Chevy-Holley_17120200-P_N5006_P|GRP2019_____

autozone stopped selling them, I guess. They kept telling me the maker was changing part numbers or some crap and now I can't find it on their site at all.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=egr+block+off

basically the triangle looking one is what you guys need, what I used and what I have on my 88.

Be wanred it's supposed to throw a CES light on the computer controlled like 87 and up setups.

Last edited:

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Hey, on a related note...my 88 Sub developed a surging idle and absolutely no power on take-off and part-throttle cruising. I took off the EGR and checked to see if it was sticky but it was just fine. I sprayed some B-12 carb cleaner in it anyway. Started it and it still surged and ran rough.
Then I disconnected the EGR solenoid, started it and it didn't surge or search for an idle at all. I did get a SES light, but oh well. I just replaced the Solenoid 2 years ago, but it looks as if it went bad again. $78 for a new one.

Moral of the story, if you have a rough idle, the EGR should be one of the first things you check for especially if you have a fuel injected rig because the EGR solenoid can cause the EGR to stick ever so slightly and create a bad idle.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey, on a related note...my 88 Sub developed a surging idle and absolutely no power on take-off and part-throttle cruising. I took off the EGR and checked to see if it was sticky but it was just fine. I sprayed some B-12 carb cleaner in it anyway. Started it and it still surged and ran rough.
Then I disconnected the EGR solenoid, started it and it didn't surge or search for an idle at all. I did get a SES light, but oh well. I just replaced the Solenoid 2 years ago, but it looks as if it went bad again. $78 for a new one.

Moral of the story, if you have a rough idle, the EGR should be one of the first things you check for especially if you have a fuel injected rig because the EGR solenoid can cause the EGR to stick ever so slightly and create a bad idle.

Certainly so. And I was just telling someone recently they needed to fire their mechanic, cuz their mechanic told them EGR had nothing to do with rough idle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128