3 Port Fuel Tank selector valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have selector valve i took off my truck im not sure it works 100% but i wiil sell it at a reasonable price. shot me an offer.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What valve is it? If it’s a 6 port single wire one I am interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Im intersted to if its the 3 port. Mine doesnt work.

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I will check this Sunday when I am back at my dads.

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
That's what it is

You must be registered for see images attach

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
im not sure i pulled it off my truck. i would assume it does considering it had both junk tanks with the truck but i dont know how i would test it.

It is just a solenoid actuated valve that defaults to the production tank when de-energized. Connect one wire supplying 12 volts to the solenoid and ground it by touching the bracket to the frame. The fuel meter (sender) wiring doesn't go through it.

If the valve is still operational, you should feel (and probably hear) the internal snap to the auxiliary port position when a proper voltage/ground are provided. If that test isn't conclusive...I suppose you could try to blow through it from both inlet ports. If you get air out of the discharge port from both inlets (and not at the same time) I'd say it's still good.

Most of the time it isn't necessary to go looking for trouble - trouble will generally find you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
As Jerry said, the valve just defaults to the primary production tank if it doesn't work. That being said, don't assume it works just because both tanks were there. Not trying to blow a sale for you, just saying test it as he's instructed. I'd hate to see you go through the trouble of having to give a refund and then someone out the cost of shipping if it's bad.

I'm also going to change the title to 3 port Fuel Tank Selector Valve.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
As Jerry said, the valve just defaults to the primary production tank if it doesn't work. That being said, don't assume it works just because both tanks were there. Not trying to blow a sale for you, just saying test it as he's instructed. I'd hate to see you go through the trouble of having to give a refund and then someone out the cost of shipping if it's bad.

I'm also going to change the title to 3 port Fuel Tank Selector Valve.
Mine has both tanks still and my selector dont work lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
As Jerry said, they're just a solenoid that get's energized with power.. Off and the valve pulls from the default tank. Powered or energizes the solenoid moves blocking the default port and opening the aux tank port.

Normally when they don't work it's because the solenoid seized. I do know a guy, and I watched him do it to his 77 C20, he took the valve off and cleaned it up. He had an extension cord with the end cut off it. With nothing to lose he said we was going to Zap it and see what happens. He clamped 1 wire of the extension cord to the body of the valve, plugged it into the wall at 110V, then dragged the other wire across the positive lead to the valve. I mean, just wiped at it quickly and that was that. We heard something and figured it was the valve toasting. Nope, it was the solenoid moving. Right after he did this zap with 110V, he put it on the barrery and hooked it up. Solenoid moved, disconnected, solenoid moved, squirted a little trans fluid in both intake ports and repeated a few times hooked to the battry, connect - disconnect - connect - disconnect. We could hear the solenoid moving freely. He reinstalled and problem was solved. Both tanks worked again for as long as he kept the truck.

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
bad news... upon further examination, it looks like a port is clogged. Ill keep working to see if I can get it moving though.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
bad news... upon further examination, it looks like a port is clogged. Ill keep working to see if I can get it moving though.
If it does work and your price is right im interested in buying it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat