2 wd to 4 wd cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale c10
Engine Size
I was wondering when y'all put your 2 wheel drive cab on a 4x4 frame what amount of body lift did you use not cutting my hump out sense my floors are very clean I hear 2 inch I hear 3 I her 4 has anyone actually done this that can give me a solid answer and I don't have to buy body lift after body lift to get the right one lol....thanks

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
There all different. I would imagine different transfer case/transmission and linkage setup would come into play.
Earlier year 4x4s had bolt in driveline humps. My recent parts truck was an 89 cc and the hump is integral to the floor
pan so out came the zip disk, cause I need it for my 2x cab.

If your lucky a 1" body lift might do the trick, but I doubt it. And please don't ever go over 1" unless it's a mall cruiser.
If you're working your truck in any way shape or form, 1" body lift is the ****. Even if you don't need this little extra clearance,
it's still beneficial.
Don't listen to anybody else here that says otherwise because they're wrong.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
There all different. I would imagine different transfer case/transmission and linkage setup would come into play.
Earlier year 4x4s had bolt in driveline humps. My recent parts truck was an 89 cc and the hump is integral to the floor
pan so out came the zip disk, cause I need it for my 2x cab.

If your lucky a 1" body lift might do the trick, but I doubt it. And please don't ever go over 1" unless it's a mall cruiser.
If you're working your truck in any way shape or form, 1" body lift is the ****. Even if you don't need this little extra clearance,
it's still beneficial.
Don't listen to anybody else here that says otherwise because they're wrong.
If 1” is **** then 2” must be **** on a mule then.......:D

Ndkshns

Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
About to do this myself and have never done it. What is different other than the hole for the 4wd shifter on an automatic? My 2wd floors need replaced anyway... so is it just a matter of ordering a different floor plans?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Have you taken out the carpet and looked at your floors? On my '75 the center section of the floor is bolted in, and it has a raised area on the hump to clear the transfer case. I'm not sure what an '81 would have.

Bruc

Ndkshns

Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I havnt yet, I just saw a post about doing a 1" spacer lift when doing the conversation so it got me looking to see what it was all about. I did a search but couldn't find anything on it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've heard with a 700r4 and NP208 no lift was needed but it was tight and I have a feeling they used the spacers between the frame and crossmember to make that work, and I've heard 1in is all you need. I think it really depends on the tranmission and Tcase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC