1989 Cab N Chassis lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB307

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
I recently bought a 1989 Chevy. I believe it is a V3500 based on all the factors. It’s a cab n chassis, 4x4, dually with a solid front axel. It has a 6.2 Diesel. I’ve been looking everywhere for a lift & cant seem to find one. I’d like to go with a 4” lift. I’ve called a few places & it seems the cab n chassis/Diesel part is throwing in some kinks. Any help would be really appreciative!

You must be registered for see images attach

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
The front is just a Dana 60 like mine. I just installed the Tuff Country 3" HD lift in the front of mine. I haven't got to the rear yet. I'm going to run a 3" block in the rear as I just have a stock 454. I don't know the weight difference between the 6.2 and a BBC. You may have to add more leaves to get it to work. Off Road Design will make a set for you, but they will cost more. FYI, the measurement fron the center of the front hub to the body line is 33" as it sits. I still have to add back my A/C, front bumper and 2nd battery. I'm sure it will settle a 1/2" or so.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/ORDCustomSprings.htm

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The 6.2 adds another couple hundred lbs over the bbc. I don't recall if there were any differences in the rear springs between the c&c and the regular k30s. I know they ran a different axle, but if they use the same width spring, you can search for k30 lifts. Like Craig said, the front is the same regardless.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Might consider a shackle flip in the rear for your 4inchs of lift also ord sells them

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
All good advice above.

try not to think of a lift "kit". Think of changing a few parts to get you were you want to be.

The Tuff Country HD springs ORDs sell work very well with BB or diesel. If you hang a heavy winch and two batteries in the front
it will ride nice but eventually perhaps be a bit too much weight and over the long haul you may find some spring sag. A little is normal anyway.

Beautiful truck btw, and if you have dual batteries you should have them behind the cab inside that cool bed anyway.

I second the motion on shackle flip in back. Also consider the Add-an-inch 1" blocks ORD sells. With a shackle flip you may want to
move the rear axle back a tad and these blocks will allow this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shock loaded