1987 gmc blinker isues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowflake

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
1987 gmc has developed a random Blinker issue

The Auto Zone Guy told me to check blinker fluid. Ha Ha
i thought it was bulbs so i started with replacing them and checking sockets

when i use the right turn signal some times the indicator light on dash does not work and i can hear clicking sound from flasher under dash , when this occurs the right front does not flash but the rear turn and brake still work

the described problem above alternates with this scenario . engage right side blinker , no dash indicator no click sound and no front and no back brake and turn . the parking lights front and rear still work.

very rarely now it all randomly works like there is no problem.
The 4 way flashers only work on the left side

This is very frustrating i never know when to expect all to work. I know its frustrating for other drivers who cant tell where this A hole, who wont use his signal is going. PLEASE HELP

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
1987 gmc has developed a random Blinker issue

The Auto Zone Guy told me to check blinker fluid. Ha Ha
i thought it was bulbs so i started with replacing them and checking sockets

when i use the right turn signal some times the indicator light on dash does not work and i can hear clicking sound from flasher under dash , when this occurs the right front does not flash but the rear turn and brake still work

the described problem above alternates with this scenario . engage right side blinker , no dash indicator no click sound and no front and no back brake and turn . the parking lights front and rear still work.

very rarely now it all randomly works like there is no problem.
The 4 way flashers only work on the left side

This is very frustrating i never know when to expect all to work. I know its frustrating for other drivers who cant tell where this A hole, who wont use his signal is going. PLEASE HELP

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4855
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4674
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12025
I looked through some old stuff with troubleshooting charts and good advice, and I found some stuff after a quick glance. Hope it helps!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Leaning towards a bad, corroded or dirty signal switch in the colum. Work through that troubleshooting staring with verifying the grounding is all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord