1983 paint codes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwjjr

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
383 Stroker
My truck don't have the paint code on the glove box or door jam...I'm needing to get some of the "cooper" color to touch up some spots. Does anybody know the name/code of the 1983 Copper color/ tan 2 tone? Pic is attached

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've heard the coppery brown refered to as "russet" before. Not sure if that was the official name for it or not though.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
My truck don't have the paint code on the glove box or door jam...I'm needing to get some of the "cooper" color to touch up some spots. Does anybody know the name/code of the 1983 Copper color/ tan 2 tone? Pic is attached

I'm going to say code 68 Mahogany (Metallic) and code 59 Almond.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1983-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

When you say "don't have the paint code on the glove box", do you mean you don't have the SPID label? Or you don't know how to read the SPID label?

These codes should appear as "68U" (where U = upper, or primary) and "59L" (where L= lower, or secondary inset color); the paint scheme is RPO ZY5.

K

rwjjr

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I'm going to say code 68 Mahogany (Metallic) and code 59 Almond.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...its/Chevrolet-Trucks/1983-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

When you say "don't have the paint code on the glove box", do you mean you don't have the SPID label? Or you don't know how to read the SPID label?

These codes should appear as "68U" (where U = upper, or primary) and "59L" (where L= lower, or secondary inset color); the paint scheme is RPO ZY5.

K

Thank you, there is no SPID label , and the door jamb sticker is to faded to read! The Mahogany looks like a winner!

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Thank you, there is no SPID label , and the door jamb sticker is to faded to read! The Mahogany looks like a winner!

There is another way, depending on how desperate/interested you are:

For $50 you can send your VIN to the GM Heritage Center and they will return to you the actual vehicle invoice, including all option content and pricing.

Link: http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=1

It will look like this:

K

Philthy

Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size