1980 c30 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachdtierney54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
These are the only pics from the job.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

I was wondering about that cause that's all I could find on Google with that number! Im glad to know. So those are the d303y? The one review on there said guy had a 87 k30 and he had to cut the frame on the drivers side. I looked at mine and it doesn't seem to be cut at all.

coachdtierney54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I never had to cut the frame

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Roldan

Reaction score
First Name
Roldan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Thanks for all the knowledge, I saw the reviews on summit for some of the headers suggested and one of them had a picture of where the guys said he had to cut the frame but unless his motor mounts where complete garbage and the motor moves a mile under load there was no need from what I could tell, but after consideration I think I am leaning towards shorty headers just because I won't have to re do my turn downs as it is already a new exhaust system and I would hate to have to redo something I already spent so much time on

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thanks for all the knowledge, I saw the reviews on summit for some of the headers suggested and one of them had a picture of where the guys said he had to cut the frame but unless his motor mounts where complete garbage and the motor moves a mile under load there was no need from what I could tell, but after consideration I think I am leaning towards shorty headers just because I won't have to re do my turn downs as it is already a new exhaust system and I would hate to have to redo something I already spent so much time on
Did you look at Gibson direct fit headers?

Roldan

Reaction score
First Name
Roldan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Did you look at Gibson direct fit headers?
I did and while I was comparing I actually found some decently priced hedman headers that where very similar in quality, do you guys have a preference between steel and stainless? Just thought I'd ask in case there is any issue with anything such as heat soak to the starter or anything like that

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I did and while I was comparing I actually found some decently priced hedman headers that where very similar in quality, do you guys have a preference between steel and stainless? Just thought I'd ask in case there is any issue with anything such as heat soak to the starter or anything like that
Mine have that HPC coating or what ever they call it these days.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Can't hardly beat Hedman for fit or Thorleys, and they are "USA" made, stainless is nice they don't rust but spendy..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL